News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

end of year zoom call?

Started by jessenator, December 06, 2023, 01:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

I swear I saw something about this not long ago, but I can't seem to find it in search *shrug*

Was that going to happen this year?  :)

madbean

Yeah, I'm up for it. I'll start a sign-up sheet for it tomorrow. I think maybe Sunday the 17th would be a good day. Any later is going to get into people's holiday activities.

jessenator

jimilee

If I don't got nothing going on, I'm all about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

matmosphere

I might try and join in as well, if the time difference permits.

Bio77

Depending on time, I'd like to join. 

Quote from: matmosphere on December 08, 2023, 08:16:52 PM
I might try and join in as well, if the time difference permits.
Whasup Main?  Haven't seen you around these parts in awhile.  Hope you are well  8)

pbrommer1

If the time works, I might pop in and say hello.

madbean

I'll probably have to push this back a little. I've got company coming for Christmas and this weekend is the last chance we have to get this mess of a house in order. So, I think Sunday is just not going to work since we lost a couple days due to the tornado.

Let's set a tentative new date: Wed. the 20th in the evening. I'd really like to do it before Xmas since everyone is usually in a good mood, haha.

Is there a preference to Zoom? The main drawback is the 40 minute time. You can restart it, of course. Just a pain sometimes.

jessenator

I didn't even know about the time limit on Zoom, heh. Google/hangouts is fairly turnkey I'd imagine.

I'm so used to work solving all of that for me I really don't know what's out there beyond those two, Slack, Discord, and Skype ...Teams. Wait is Skype still a thing?

Whatever is easiest on everyone. I'm flexible.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

derevaun

I had forgotten about Skype, except for that ringtone. It does not, as they say in certain quarters, doom.

Does Zoom timeout even when there's activity? Mine times out if nobody shows up for 40 minutes, but it's a pro or something license from work.