News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Rangemaster needs MOJO

Started by mattc, January 14, 2012, 05:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattc

My Rangemaster needs some MOJO.    ;D  I've got carbon comp and dale precision resistors, Cornell Dubilier caps and a NOS OC44 in there.

For C1 I have a .005MFD yellow cap, and in C3 I have a have blue "473" axial cap.   Those look great.

In C2 and C4 I've got run of the mill film caps, and in C5 I've got a run of the mill radial cap.

I have no delusions that the mojo parts will sound any better, but they'll sure look cooler.   I am assuming for C2 and C4, I can just grab a couple of tropical fish, and that will impart the proper mojo.   However, I'm still fairly new to this, and I'm not sure what sort of mojo part to use for C5.   Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys!

dwstanford

Isn't c5 the same as c3? (47u). For good mojo electrolytics, look for sprague, ero, vishay, Mallory, bc, Kemet, etc.  All good choices.  There are some pretty decent prices on ebay.  The mojo parts will probably make zero sound difference, but they'll make you feel better.  ;D

mattc

Thanks!

I ordered some tropical fish for the 10nF and 22nF, and a sprague electrolytic for the remaining cap.

Look for a build report in a few weeks :D