News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zombii wiring help

Started by Matt Gnarly, January 20, 2012, 03:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Gnarly

Hey guys, so after buying a ton of parts and too many pcbs I'm finally getting around to putting together my first PCB, the Zombii. Everything went fine assembling the PCB but I'm a little confused as to the wiring. I'm using a 3pdt switch (for true bypass) and a 9v adapter (no battery). The wiring guides are down so I'm not too sure how to go about it.
Cheers

Matt Gnarly

I found a copy on my comp of the wiring guide, my impression is that the wiring up is pretty simple but I just have to omit the SW and LED on the Zombii board.  Correct?

Matt Gnarly

Ignore the first two questions, got those figured out ha ha. But I have another question, is the CLR part of the schematic or do I have to wire that up before boxing?
Thanks

edit: And does anybody by chance have the Zombii drill template?
Thanks again

Loztboy

I think you can use the Kokbox drilling template
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Kokbox/docs/Kokbox_ver.3.5.pdf
the led have to be moved.

Matt Gnarly

pjpedals

Quote from: Boxcar on January 20, 2012, 06:04:40 PM
Ignore the first two questions, got those figured out ha ha. But I have another question, is the CLR part of the schematic or do I have to wire that up before boxing?
Thanks

Thanks again
it's the current limiting resistor for the LED. You need one or you will fry the LED with 9V. It goes between the power supply and the positive LED leg.

Matt Gnarly

Quote from: pjpedals on January 22, 2012, 12:12:05 AM
Quote from: Boxcar on January 20, 2012, 06:04:40 PM
Thanks

Thanks again
it's the current limiting resistor for the LED. You need one or you will fry the LED with 9V. It goes between the power supply and the positive LED leg.

Thanks for the heads up, but what I was asking is whether the CLR is already included in the Zombii PCB or whether I have to add it when wiring the offboard led.

Loztboy

The clr is included, its the 4k7 resistor.

Matt Gnarly

Quote from: Loztboy on January 22, 2012, 02:22:57 PM
The clr is included, its the 4k7 resistor.

Thanks! Is this pretty standard for Madbean's boards? And I've heard for high brightness LEDs I should use a higher (10k or 12k) resistor, the board's already populated though so I'm hoping it won't make a huge difference. 

Loztboy

It is included on many pcbs but not all. I always use the 4k7 clr. I like bright LEDs :)

Matt Gnarly

Quote from: Loztboy on January 22, 2012, 10:30:32 PM
It is included on many pcbs but not all. I always use the 4k7 clr. I like bright LEDs :)

Thanks! That's the exact answer I was hoping to hear. So I'm going to assume that if a PCB has a 4k7 it's likely the clr