News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zombii Wiring Help

Started by pryde, January 30, 2012, 09:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Hello,

working on my Zombii and there is no wiring diagram, specifically for the LED. There are 3 LED holes on the board (positive, negative, SW) together. How do I wire this up? I assume the SW wire will go to the 3pdt and i just wire the positive/negative to the appropriate LED legs right? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for on-board LED?

Also, I am going to use a 3mm LED with no bezel. How is the best way to secure it to the drill hole? Superglue?

Thanks for the help

jkokura

Superglue is a common method Sometimes you can have it secured simply with the pressure of the PCB or your method of wiring. Superglue doesn't always stick well to the enclosure, so I recommend you rough up the surface with some 180 grit sand paper, then wipe it down with some rubbing alcohol to clean it up and degrease it.

As for the connections, yes, the SW pad would go to the switch. The + side (long lead) of the LED connects to the resistor, and the - side (short lead) connects to the switch. Does that make sense?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pryde

Thank you. It does make sense but where does the SW wire attach to on the switch? i.e. which of the 9 lugs?

jkokura

It depends on the wiring scheme you use. It connects to ground when the effect is active. If you post a link to the wiring scheme you're planning on using I can tell you easily.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

pryde

wiring scheme? I am not sure what your asking for.

I want to have the LED controlled from the PCB since there are pads, I am using a 3pdt switch, 9v adapter, and battery wire harness.

I already have a wiring diagram for hooking up a LED off board but don't have one for on-board (such as the Zombii board).

thanks for your help!

jkokura

A wiring scheme and wiring diagrahm are the same thing. Please let us know which you are using.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

pryde

Thanks,

The MB wiring diagrams have been deleted here for some reason but I was able to find a diagram online that will work. Thanks.

nzCdog