News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

'71 Camaro Z28 OCD

Started by k.rock!, February 04, 2012, 10:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've been around...I've missed ya'll!  :D haha

So, this is probably the most special pedal I've built so far. My Dad used to have a '71 Camaro Z28 in gold with black stripes and he's been dreaming about having one back for years...

Recently he picked up his electric guitar again and I wanted to motivate him so I built him this modified OCD. I used Brian's clip mod except I went with asymetrical clipping. Sounds very tube-like! Also, I installed a second level knob to control the HP and LP volume independently. I retained the stock resistor values to keep the same tone and basically added the second pot into a 4PDT switch.

Component wise, I used the same recipe I've posted around a couple times which to me is a killer combo! Starting with the BAT41 clipper.

Now, probably the coolest thing about this pedal is the LEDs. I wired them so that when you step on the Ignition, it turns ON both LEDs and the sound is LP by default. When you step into the Overdrive it will light up the high beams and go into HP mode!  8) Gotta say, I'm pretty proud of the outcome...It sounds amazing and it's a killer versatile pedal!

The guts are not my cleanest work, but the fact it fired up the first time made it all good :P

Here are some pics, hope you guys like them!:

-Kaleb

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jkokura

Brilliant! I hope your dad loves it.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

That is sweet.  Love the LED's.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mjcyates

That is very cool! I am sure your dad will love it.

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

DutchMF

Awesome build! I wish my dad was still around so I could show him something like that! And about the guts: if it works, it's fine! Only people on this forum want to see that stuff, your dad probably doesn't care. Love the car theme, with the headlights and all... Great work!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

snz728

nzCdog

Very cool...  8)
Nice that you have music in common with your dad!  I feel like the odd one out in my family

k.rock!

Thanks guys! I just gave it to my dad and he loved it!!

and yeah, he didn't mind the guts haha...I just don't like to build messy stuff! But the flip side is that it is very quiet. I was very aware of every power signal throughout the pedal so every 9V line has a ground wire twisted with it and routed away from audio lines. Heck even the output wire is twisted with a ground wire just in case haha He's also an engineer so if anything goes wrong with it I know he can take care of it :P

well thanks for the comments guys! I just love to share this kind of stuff with you all.

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jubal81

That is a beauty! Love it!
Color scheme screams Mopar Super Bee to me ;)
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

slimtriggers

That's cool.  I like the hi beam/low beam option.  That's not a '68 Camaro, though ;)

k.rock!

Quote from: slimtriggers on February 05, 2012, 03:08:10 PM
That's cool.  I like the hi beam/low beam option.  That's not a '68 Camaro, though ;)

You are absolutely right! Haha My Dad had a 71 Camaro...not a 68... Thanks for the correction man!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

k.rock!

I have corrected my newbness on the original post..haha
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

slimtriggers

Surprised nobody caught that sooner.  Must be a lot of Ford and MOPAR guys around here or something :D

shawnee