News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

'71 Camaro Z28 OCD

Started by k.rock!, February 04, 2012, 10:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roctopus

Om_Audio

Awesome job! Outstanding. But dude, MESSY?? Are you kidding? Pffft. My first build is a rat's nest. Also, I own an OCD and I don't use it anymore- a love/hate but I might look into building one w mods like you have done and sell the OCD.
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

tagwap

That looks awesome! GREAT build.

k.rock!

thanks guys!!

Haha yeah man! I think it was kinda messy! Granted the mods required quite a few wires, but still, it's just one of those things you know you could've done better...Specially with all the amazing talent around in this forum! One feels like we need to keep up! haha

Anyways, give your OCD another try man! I recommend starting with the clipping diode...change it to a BAT41 and you'll notice a change almost immediately. Also try changing cap types. I've posted the combo I've used on my builds and I love it. People like it a lot when they hear it! Search for White Rhino on the forum :)

-Kaleb

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

Om_Audio

I own an actual FT OCD, not a clone- you mean mod it?

k.rock!

Oh somehow miss-read your post :p

I thought u had a MB OCD. If u wanna mod it, sure, go for it! If not maybe just get an egodriver and mod the heck out of it and make it your own :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

Om_Audio

Ya, honestly I'd be happy to mod the one I have- although -maybe- I could sell it and get enough money to cover cost of building my own which would be more satisfying in the long run. I wonder if I could adapt/apply mods listed here to the FT OCD- any thoughts?
thx
C

bigmufffuzzwizz

Awesome Kaleb!! The finish is soo good.  What a rad gift.

You should show Fu Manchu, they'd be all over it!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

k.rock!

haha thanks Magic! that cover looks awesome...

@Om_Audio: Man, if you're not too wild about the sound of your original OCD, then you might as well sell it and build your own and shape it to the sound you're looking for :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

Haberdasher

Hey Kaleb, where you been, mang?

I dig your pedal.  I used to have a stock 70 camaro with 300HP that had pretty much the same body style.  Loved that car.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Om_Audio

Thanks Kaleb. I feel like =maybe= if I had a big Fender Twin or something I might love it- as it stands it is def love/hate and I really don't use it- so I will prob do as you suggest- I'd much rather build my own. Thx.
C

k.rock!

Hey man! I've been busy at work and playing a lot lately, so I had to put pedalbuilding in pause, and MBP went wiith it too =\ ... But the work load is less now and I can check in now every once in a while =P

On another note, I'm jealous of u and your Camaro...I'm sure it was a sweet ride...I also dream to have one in gloss black...heck, any color would do haha

-K
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

k.rock!

Quote from: Om_Audio on February 13, 2012, 01:06:07 PM
Thanks Kaleb. I feel like =maybe= if I had a big Fender Twin or something I might love it- as it stands it is def love/hate and I really don't use it- so I will prob do as you suggest- I'd much rather build my own. Thx.
C

Cool man, good luck! :)

-K
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

Haberdasher

Quote from: k.rock! on February 13, 2012, 01:09:58 PM
Hey man! I've been busy at work and playing a lot lately, so I had to put pedalbuilding in pause, and MBP went wiith it too =\ ... But the work load is less now and I can check in now every once in a while =P

On another note, I'm jealous of u and your Camaro...I'm sure it was a sweet ride...I also dream to have one in gloss black...heck, any color would do haha

-K
Haha, yeah mine was chevy blue.  It looked very much like this one but it wasn't an SS.

I thought that body style was the best, and they only made it for 2 years I think.  :(
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jkokura

That is a sick car Hab. Dang man. I know that's not yours, but if you had one similar... too bad you don't any longer.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals