News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2. SUNKING Klon Centaur

Started by Liustucru, February 12, 2012, 11:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liustucru

Hey,
second finished MADBEAN project and not the least: THE SUNKING !
I've been really lucky to get one board when still available.
It is amazingly dynamic, transparent with the gain knob all the way down and very naturally driving when increasing the gain !!! I use it all the time.
It was really easy to solder with the fabbed board. BAT41 for the diodes and JRC4558D/JRC4558DD for the ICs.

madbean

That looks lovely. How do you like the 250k pot for the gain?

Also, I've seen those DC jacks on a few different builds from people. Can you tell me where you go it from?

Thanks for sharing!

djaaz

Bienvenue!

Brian: they looks like these ones:
http://www.musikding.de/product_info.php/info/p2097_DC-power-jack-2-1mm-Lumberg.html

A bit expensive but i bet you could find the sames cheaper in the us.

jkokura

Awesome large knobs are awesome!

Your photos make tht finish look superb.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Liustucru

Quote from: madbean on February 12, 2012, 01:33:05 PM
That looks lovely. How do you like the 250k pot for the gain?

Also, I've seen those DC jacks on a few different builds from people. Can you tell me where you go it from?

Thanks for sharing!

Actually, I ordered 2 gain pots: 100kB and 250kB to try the mod you suggested. The 100kB pot came with PCB mounting lugs so I soldered the 250kB first and it worked very fine.

The DC jacks are from Banzai : http://www.banzaimusic.com/Lumberg-PSU-1614-09.html and only have 2 pins. That enough for me since I do not use battery.

Thank YOU for keeping up such good work.

JakeFuzz

This looks really cool! Love that vertical knob layout. Ill have to try that sometime.

I would like to know more about the 250K gain pot. Lots of people seem to prefer it with that value as opposed to 100K. I've always wanted more gain earlier on the sweep but the second gang looks like it is doing something crazy with the filtering. Does it mess with the EQ at all?

masterlk

I'm curious how the JRC4558D chip sounds?

nzCdog

Liustucru

Quote from: JakeFuzz on February 12, 2012, 07:27:33 PM
This looks really cool! Love that vertical knob layout. Ill have to try that sometime.

I would like to know more about the 250K gain pot. Lots of people seem to prefer it with that value as opposed to 100K. I've always wanted more gain earlier on the sweep but the second gang looks like it is doing something crazy with the filtering. Does it mess with the EQ at all?

As I said, I have not tried the 100k gain pot so I can't compare. The 250k pot does not give more gain until the last quarter of the sweep.
Concerning the EQ, it is very transparent with the gain all the way down and the tone at 12:00.

Quote from: masterlk on February 13, 2012, 03:07:51 AM
I'm curious how the JRC4558D chip sounds?

The JRC4558D is a good sub for TL072 and I had a bunch of them. I also use a JRC4558DD following the advice of http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=1797.0
It was just my second build. I was very impressed by the Sagittary build of Tubeman and it was a good example to begin with. I do not even try other chips as this one sounds awesome !

bigmufffuzzwizz

OOh I really like this one! I'm very for the way you have the knobs layed out.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Liustucru

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on February 13, 2012, 04:50:50 PM
OOh I really like this one! I'm very for the way you have the knobs layed out.

Thank you again !
I wanted the jacks on top of the enclosure and this knob layout was a good compromise. I will totally use this layout again for a future build.

DuctTapeRiot

For the DC Jacks I found this on Mouser: 502-722A, but great googly-moogly $3.30 each!!!!  Anyone have a Mouser part #, or other US supplier for these?

bangerang101

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=163-1060-EXvirtualkey11180000virtualkey163-1060-EX

These are the little snap in ones that just have DC and ground lugs. They would be great for those mini 1590a madbean projects.
Owner of Luck Duck Pedals (LDP)

claytushaywood

are those labels engraved?  they have caught my eye for some reason?  I cant see any semblance of decal corners and it doesnt seem like a full face label with clear coat.

could you please tell me more?