News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

a few new projects!

Started by cjkbug, February 23, 2012, 12:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

I haven't posted any reports in a while but I have been busy. here's a few new ones that got finished recently.

1. Cave Dweller. I have been working on about half a dozen or so different pt2399 projects at the moment but this went to the top of the list. I found Beans demo really interesting because it is a bit different that most of the rebote-alikes out there and I like doing these mini pedals so much. this is the 2 chip version. went together really quickly and the only hiccup was a 1n4001 put in backwards. need to get a stronger eyeglass prescription. I think I will get the most use out of the less extreme control settings. this is a really neat sounding delay and it does a decent faux reverb as well. I think having the mix control is almost a must for the way I will be using this effect.

2. Cosmonaut.  a cosmopolitain built to lunar-module specs. quicly becoming my go to fuzz-box. Gets all the fuzz face tones I could want with a ton of versatility. I used nos bc108 transistors. one of gtr2's breakout boards ( highly recomended ) and it was easy to fit into a 1590a enclosure since I used 9mm pots secured with a strip of vero to make connections sturdy. I am considering using this method for all my controls from now on. it affords me more room to playwith inside the box and keeps the pots from rotating when installing the nuts. and I mounted the pcb using some bus wire soldered to a few empty vero slots on the strip holding the pots and open space on the pcb's ground plane. the board is completely immobilized and it the offboard wiring's solder joints from being str
essed by a loose board rattling around inside. I could bang a nail with this pedal as a hammer and nothing is going to come loose.

3. AMZ power supply. easy build and works just like it should. runs on a 12volt adapter. and supplies -9v, four +9v taps, an adjustable +9v and under to simulate voltage sag for the dying battery effect, useful in certain fuzz boxes, a +12v tap , and an+18v tap. all well regulated. and i used the enclosure as a heat sink for the regulator. no gut shot at the moment. I etched the cover plate and re-purposed a box that was drilled incorrectly for a long since abandoned project.

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

jimmybjj

all very nice, I'm really digging the cave dweller. I like the color scheme through the whole pedal.
Pcbs no longer available

jtn191

wha? How'd you get the layout to the cave dweller?

irmcdermott

madbean

cjkbug has won the internets today for not only doing badass builds, but also for the proper use of background props in his photographing.

You will be receiving a prize of my choosing at a near-future date.

cjkbug

my mom always told me I was a winner! ;D

(best book ever!)
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

Haberdasher

Those look great.  I've been doing a couple of etched faceplates myself.  Very cool way to apply graphics!
Are you coating them with something?  I was thinking of using the clear epoxy resin stuff on mine.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jkokura

Keefe, After seeing some of these etched plates these days, I'm thinking about getting you to etch some for me!

Do it.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

Wow!   Classy work... very nice! 8)

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

plesur

Quote from: juansolo on February 23, 2012, 08:29:11 AM
:o they're booootiful

Yes, indeed. No turkeys here!  ;D

I like the look of the dweller. How's it sound?

gtr2

Awesome builds Cory!

Love the cave dweller the most  :)

Like the prop!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Mich P

pickdropper

Those are fantastic.

I'd love to see gutshots of the juice box.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

raulduke

Lovely stuff mate.

They are all beauties!