News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Errata: Sunking

Started by madbean, September 03, 2010, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Okay, I done goofed. An error in the output section of the Sunking was pointed out to me by a fellow FSB member. Luckily, it is pretty minor and an easy fix. There are three resistors that need to be removed from the board, and put on the switch. Also, two wires will need to be moved to different pads due to the missing resistors. Attached below is a diagram on how to make the correction.

My sincere apologies on this oversight. While it is not a huge mistake, it is one that escaped me for some time, nonetheless. I have not compared the corrected version to the original, but I am currently finishing up the prototype for the revised Sunking board, so hopefully I can provide some insight on whether or not there is any difference, tone-wise.

Corrected project doc: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Sunking/docs/Sunking_D_ver2.pdf

Diagram:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bored

I'm guessing the same mods need to be done to the single layer version over at FSB?

madbean

That one is already corrected with ver.2 in the Sunking thread. If you built ver.1.5 or before, then yes, make the correction.

rowland1

Hi Brian,

I have the 2009 Mythical Unikorn version. Does that need to be modified?

Thanks!! Rowland

loves_guitar

How does the change affect the sound?

madbean

Quote from: rowland1 on January 09, 2011, 06:21:08 PM
Hi Brian,

I have the 2009 Mythical Unikorn version. Does that need to be modified?

Thanks!! Rowland

Yep, you should make the same change on the MU.

madbean

Quote from: loves_guitar on January 10, 2011, 02:25:08 PM
How does the change affect the sound?

The output will be slightly hotter and the buffer will sound better.