News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DARK ZAG... the Lowrider Octaver

Started by nzCdog, February 25, 2012, 09:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.G.

yeah Dark Zag is a great name!! Love the art & a super clean build; a keeper for sure.

nzCdog

Thanks guys!   My son is chuffed to read all these comments, and I totally love the name too... that was his idea.  I have this feeling he is already planning more designs ;)

The lowrider is great fun!  I tried the mods for the Upper octave in the project sheet but preferred it stock after all that.  The upper octave isn't great, but having all 4 knobs makes this pedal VERY tweakable.  The lower octaves are awesome, having a definite analog sound... tracks well with single notes, sounding very funky... gets slightly more chaotic with polyphonic stuff.  Works really well with distortion pedals too for some very usable crazy sounds.  I recommend 8)

tagwap

madbean

It would be very interesting to put something like the Green Ringer in line with the upper octave---two octaves up, and maybe a slight improvement on it overall. Or, a small transformer, even.

nzCdog

Quote from: madbean on February 29, 2012, 06:45:28 AM
It would be very interesting to put something like the Green Ringer in line with the upper octave---two octaves up, and maybe a slight improvement on it overall. Or, a small transformer, even.

Hmmmm... I am like these things that you are saying

DutchMF

@ Corey: thanks for posting the kitty, probably the first time I got my wife interested in this forum.....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

nzCdog

Pleased to help Paul ;)
I have to be careful, at best my sense of humour is dry, obscure, even random.  Sometimes Kitties say it best!  :D

dwstanford

Wicked looking pedal.  He did a fantastic job.  That looks like a convertible drill car at the bottom left.  Sweet!

bigmufffuzzwizz

I'm so into this artwork! I think its a perfect description for what this pedal does! Very tidy build, +1 for ribbon cable!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

*Necro bump*... refinished this guy today.  I used this recently at church, after turning my nose up at a pitchfork I owned for less than a  week.  Not polyphonic but sounds so much more organic than the EHX offering... a lick of green paint, & luckily I had a spare decal printed from the original effort!   ;D

TGP39

Love it! Great graphics never go out of style. :)

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

billstein

Love the Dark Zag! My pitchfork lasted about 2 weeks before I took it back.

nzCdog

Thanks dudes... The refinish does much better justice to my sons artwork, looks much more vibrant.
Quote from: billstein on April 19, 2015, 12:10:00 AM
My pitchfork lasted about 2 weeks before I took it back.
Gee I was pretty disappointed with it... Lotsa tricks, but nothing that inspired me. Needs a low pass filter on the upper octave too, really harsh sounding imho

29palms

ha ha that's great!

can we comission him? ;)

wgc

Awesome graphic, love the wiring too!

did you do anything different to the decal print?  Looks much deeper!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings