News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Razorgrin - The Doctor is In

Started by alanp, February 25, 2012, 11:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

The name on the front is because it sounds unbelievable, like what I think a Myrddraal from the Wheel of Time books would. So far I haven't managed to wring anything clean out of it.

Obviously, I probably still have to tune the bias a bit. It was interesting doing that, I still get a bit of ringing, though, going to sort that out.

See how some of the pads are empty at the top of the board? The bass pads are most obvious (between the two rightmost grey caps at the top.) They just connect the pot pins -- the long way, so I ran connections straight from pot to pot rather than go the circuituous route. That's how I did it on my amps, seems to work kinda alright on this.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Haha!  Yes I know the grin myself.  Friggin amazing pedal, my favourite metal box ever!!!
Nice job Alan 8)

DutchMF

Man, you keep throwing them at us! Again, very nice! Funny thing: I was populating the exact same board last night. Haven't boxed or biased yet, though....... Good tip on the wiring, I'll check it out. Thanx!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

alanp

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t282/Gutstwohand/amppreamp.jpg

The link goes to a pic of the JCM800 I built. Ignore the messiness. Clean, it makes less noise at idle (ready to rock) than the foldback and FOH speakers do at church.

See how the pots on it are linked to each other? That's what I mean -- if it had been done in the same fashion as the Madbean layout for the Chunk, those wires would have gone to the turret board instead.

All that said, Madbean makes mean boards bro, seriously cool stuff  ;D I just have an incurable case of titu fingers.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website