News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2 effects in one box. How do I have a switch change the order?

Started by tagwap, March 09, 2012, 04:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tagwap

As per the title really. I'm building a multi effect box and i'd like to have a switch so i can change the order of the 2 drive pedals in the same enclosure. (ie boost into drive switchable to, drive into boost)

Any wiring diagrams available for such a job?

Many thanks.

chip46

This should do what you need. I've used this very diagram myself and had no problems. Good luck  ;D

stazinish

Is this all that would be necessary to use two effects in one box or would there be any more wiring?

jaysonsayshello

Can someone tell me where the led/ground goes on lug1 and lug2?

jimilee

Plan "b" would be to buy some flipper boards from Captain Peyote.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DutchMF

Hell, you don't need no flipper boards! ;) Sorry Jimilee, no offence meant, but chip46 is right, I've been using something I figured out myself, but is exactly the same (talking about inventing the wheel twice...) as what he posted, works great! Chips diagram is way better then mine, BTW, because he included both 3PDT's for the separate fx's as well. Mine (which I posted earlier, but forgot where  ;D) only had the 'order switching' 3PDT. Thanks for sharing, chip46!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DutchMF

That's cool Jimi! BTW, do you have some more info on those boards? I'd still like to check them out :D Did a quick google, but couldn't find anything.... Loads of other peyote related stuff though...

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jimilee

Quote from: DutchMF on January 12, 2013, 12:29:49 AM
That's cool Jimi! BTW, do you have some more info on those boards? I'd still like to check them out :D Did a quick google, but couldn't find anything.... Loads of other peyote related stuff though...

Paul
They are listed on the byoc http://www.buildyourownclone.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42257&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=flipper forum and I'm sure somehwere on grindcustoms,they look like this, and they are etched by peyote and somewhere I think on the grind site maybe, he was selling them,I"m sure of it

Nate77

Ah, I love this, thank you!! I've got one question; how would one ground all these switches?

jimilee

I suppose you could run the ground to a ground bus or daisy chain them together.

Nate77

So to star ground this correctly, what pins on each of these switches would I tie the grounds to? Would I need a 4pdt for all 3 to ground them correctly? I'm using a 4pdt for the footswitches so I can add an indicator, could I use the additional pins to ground the switches?

Nate77

Hey jimilee, I've seen this post before and did some serious searching for these flipper boards, talked Barry at guitar PCB and hit up a few other resources for some order switching boards but came up empty. Does any of this still exist? I'm comfortable wiring these 2 effect, 1 box effects with order switching but the boards would seriously cut down on the messy wiring. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks man

muddyfox

Quote from: Jurassic on July 16, 2012, 05:56:56 AM
This might be helpful: http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/PedalHacker/OrderSwitcher.htm

Something's not working for me with this link (and I'm not on IE) so apologies if this is the same thing.
I've always (which means probably a dozen times by now) used the diagram on the very bottom of this page. Works fine with a 3pdt of your choice if you forego the status led

http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/Looper-Switcher/index.htm