News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

No battery snap & switch wiring question

Started by theviper21, March 22, 2012, 06:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theviper21

If I want to omit the battery snap and just use the D/C adapter, do I just run a wire from the input ring to the dc jack or do I just forget the wires between the snap and the swith/dc jack?

Also, for the 3PDT footswitch, there are three different places you connect the ground. For the actual wiring, is it best to just run small jumper wires between the three connections? I haven't been able to find any up close pictures of what it's supposed to actually look like.

Thanks!!

sgmezei

Just leave the battery snap unconnected at both connections. Thats it! easy hey?

Now for the stomp switch. I use a leftover resistor lead that has been snipped to connect those three ground points but you can most certainly use a a bare wire. In fact, thats how I started doing it.

theviper21

Quote from: sgmezei on March 22, 2012, 07:59:02 AM
Just leave the battery snap unconnected at both connections. Thats it! easy hey?

Now for the stomp switch. I use a leftover resistor lead that has been snipped to connect those three ground points but you can most certainly use a a bare wire. In fact, thats how I started doing it.

Brilliant idea on the switch, wish I would have saved my clipped leads!

TNblueshawk

Viper, thought I'd add if using the stereo input jack you never put anything on the ring lug. Also, since you are not using a battery you actually don't need to use a stereo input jack, you can use a mono there as well, like your output jack.
John