Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

idea for parts containers

Started by 9Lives, April 01, 2012, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

Quote from: jkokura on April 07, 2012, 03:52:33 PM
Grabbed a Pic.

2x60 drawer units keep my resistors and caps. Up above I have a couple other smaller drawer units for knobs and other stuff. On the left in one cubby you can see there are 6 different parts containers, 1 each for ICs, transistors, Diodes, sockets, regulators and such. I think I got them in the fishing aisle. There are also 3 large and deep ones in a cabinet below that holds all my Pots, large switches and Jacks. Above that door is a drawer with all my hand tools I use regularly. Finally, you can't see it well, but there's wire underneath that cubby in spools, and a book shelf to the right that holds boxes of spare tools, enclosures, and all sorts of stuff, as well as a hanging shoe cubby thing from Ikea that hangs from closet rod and holds projects in progress and finished pedals and paper work and stuff.

Jacob

Hey Jacob, where do you like to get your wire in bulk? I'm starting to look around for this now. I'm tired of buying several feet at a time and want to buy 100ft spools at least.
John

bigmufffuzzwizz

I stocked up on mine at an old electronics store that has rows and rows of wire. Everything sold by the lb. so I got a spool for the price that I was paying for 100ft. I was astonished by the amount of Teflon coated wire they had but it wasn't cheap stuff.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

derevaun

If you're in range of a Daiso store, their clear plastic divided boxes are $1.50. Good for categories of things that don't need a lot of differentiation between values. I like the small Harbor Freight boxes for things that need more systematic organizing, like film caps. I still haven't found a system for resistors that beats flipping through labeled baggies like a card catalog.

But I recently visited Shipwreck Beads, which happens to be across town, and was blown away by their array of options for organizing small parts.