News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

General Questions about IC's

Started by Haberdasher, April 07, 2010, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haberdasher

I have a ts808 clone (bbe green screamer) that I'm not completely overjoyed with.  The chip inside is a tl072 and I was thinking about putting a socket in there and trying a few different ones.

1) Can I just substitute chips like NE5532, LF353N, and JRC4558 without performing any additional mods?

2) Could I use a NJM4560D IC in it?

3) How about op-amps that are single-supply rail-to-rail?  Can a chip like the OPA2340PA  go in there?

4) I've also read about the TL2272, but I have yet to see it for sale anywhere.  Anyone have a source for those?

5) Also, I have noticed there are different versions of some chips offering different "Rejection Ratio" and "Input Offset Voltage" values.  For example, this is the result of a search for LM1458 on Mouser's site.  How do I know which one to buy (for Neutrino)?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

madbean

1) Can I just substitute chips like NE5532, LF353N, and JRC4558 without performing any additional mods?

- Yes

2) Could I use a NJM4560D IC in it?

- Yes

3) How about op-amps that are single-supply rail-to-rail?  Can a chip like the OPA2340PA  go in there?

I don't know much about these, but I think so.

4) I've also read about the TL2272, but I have yet to see it for sale anywhere.  Anyone have a source for those?

It's actually TLC2272

5) Also, I have noticed there are different versions of some chips offering different "Rejection Ratio" and "Input Offset Voltage" values.  For example, this is the result of a search for LM1458 on Mouser's site.  How do I know which one to buy (for Neutrino)?

Actually, when you reduce the search to only PDIP packages, you only get one result:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Fairchild-Semiconductor/LM1458N/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtCHixnSjNA6DVd3Z3DRNoF1byePuYBjeY%3d

In general, the smaller the offset voltage, the better.

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS