News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

No name 4 in 1

Started by Sigesmundninja, May 10, 2012, 11:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

That is really a great looking build.  Very well layed out.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Sigesmundninja

Thank you everyone for all the response this one got.

The enclosure is a Hammond that I ordered from Mouser, here's a link to it at Hammond's site http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg20CWW.htm
You can search the partnumber at mouser. The enclosure was pretty expensive and I had to buy a bottomplate separately. And after all that money spent I wasn't really happy with the quality of the box. The two wooden sides have brass inserts for the screws but on one side inserts weren't threaded deep enough. The bottomplate didn't come with any screws and while the enclosure did have holes for the bottomplate they weren't threaded. For 54€ I expect top quality for a simple black steel box with wooden panels.

but at least it looks good  ::)

As for the switching there are 3 groups of Input and Output jacks.

I used the switchable jacks that have two solderlugs at tip/ring/sleeve. When there is no cable in the jack these two lugs are connected but when a cable is inserted the signal betwen them breaks. I call these two sides "passive" and "active" So in order for the signal to go betwen the effects when no cable is inserted a soldered a wire from the "passive" side of the output of the first effect to the active side of the input of the second effect. (and same thing between effect 2 and 3).

If I put a cable in the input of effect 2 or 3 the signalchain breaks. This way I can patch the order in anyway I want. Except for buffer/egodriver, they act as one effect

I realise I really cant make myself understood in English very well.

I used these jacks:

snz728

good job---a thing of beauty!

Sigesmundninja

Och du vallhagen, jag är på rätt sida, för bonnapöjka hör hemma på slätta, mellan vänern o vätta'! :)

Sorry, we are just arguing about what part of Sweden is the best :P

jkokura

I'll try and help if I can, explaining it from a different point of view.

Each effect still has an input and output jack. However the switchable jacks he used allow there to be a connection between the three (four?) effects in normal mode WITHOUT using cables. Just plug into the input of effect 1, plug out of the output of effect 4, and all the effects are connected in series.

By using the switchable jacks, you can 'break' the connection between effect one and effect two by inserting a cable into the output jack from effect one and into the input jack of effect two. Perhaps you want a wah pedal inserted there for example.

Taking it a step further, you can now make the order go Effect 1 > effect 2 > effect 4 > effect 3, simply by plugging a cable from the output of effect 2 into the input of effect four, then from the output of the whole unit into the input of effect 3, then from the output of effect 3 out to other effects or an amp.

Does that make sense? I think it does.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Sigesmundninja

Thank you so much jkokura :)

raulduke

That pedal is mega mate.

Its a thing of beauty.

alanp

Think effects loop jacks on the back of an amp.

Signal normally flows preamp -> power amp, no patch cables needed to go between FX loop jacks, but if you put a jack into the FX loop it goes preamp -> FXloop -> poweramp.

Only works with Cliff jacks, AFAIK, doesnt work with Switchcraft ones.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jkokura

There a switchcraft switching jacks.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

DuctTapeRiot

Man, those enclosures look amazing but they are sooooooooo expensive!!!!  I could probably buy all the gear I need to make them for that much!!!

sgmezei

lincolnic

Man. I hope you're proud of this, it's incredible!

jtn191

That's awesome! I've thought about adding wood like you did with yours...
The switchable jacks were just like the idea I had for a big multi effect may do

Sigesmundninja

Again, thank you all very much, glad you liked it!
And yeah, I feel very proud of this one.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk