News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chunk Chunk mods...more like SLO?

Started by B_of_H, October 03, 2010, 09:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B_of_H

I'm getting ready to start building this one and I'm looking for some places to put sockets for experimentation.  Any suggestions?

I'd like something more along the lines of an SLO if possible, perhaps more mids and smoother response?

camsna

So! I've asked this question to some fellas I trust (SLO geeks). They recommended:

1 - Remove r15
2 - Remove c13
3 - Remove presence pot
4 - The rest - experiment by ear

B_of_H

Ang3lus

maybe add a switch for all those changes and have the slo and boogie in one pedal ?

that's what i'd like to try

camsna

Quote from: Ang3lus on December 18, 2010, 05:38:34 AM
maybe add a switch for all those changes and have the slo and boogie in one pedal ?

that's what i'd like to try

I was thinking the same thing!

B_of_H

"all those changes"

r15, c13, and the presence resistance are just high end roll offs prior to the output volume pot. 

so if you wanted to put it on a switch you could just sever the ground connection perhaps?

I'm going to build this up stock as it seems to have easily enough high end already judging by clips ive heard.  IMO an SLO is smoother, tighter, and has a more detailed midrange than a boogie.   So I was thinking that perhaps the mids needed some boosting and that the bass might need to be dialed back a tad theoretically.  I was looking at socketing c12 and trying a few different values there for instance.

VooDOOM

Has anyone tried this ?? I plan on doing a dr. soon , just waiting for the PCB's to be back in stock. How SLO can it go??? perhaps I will have to build two :)

B_of_H

I built mine up.  I havent boxed it up yet and i havent tried any mods.  I'll try taking the high pass filter out first and report back next week.