News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Honeydripper issues

Started by BatmanSandwich, May 14, 2012, 09:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BatmanSandwich

I just finished constructing my honeydripper, and when I plug it all in all I hear is the clean, unaltered guitar tone, same as if I unplug the battery. Occasionally if I move it around a bit I can get a high pitched squeal, but aside from that, nothing :(

In my build I substituted the LM324's for TL074's and the 4558 for a NE5534N due to availability, aside from that it was exactly to spec. Would this be the cause of the issue? Can these parts be subbed?

Thanks

Haberdasher

Hi, BMS welcome to the forum

Don't know if it's your only problem, but ne5534 is a single opamp, you need a dual opamp like the 4558.  The ne5532 is dual.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

BatmanSandwich

Thanks dude, managed to find a 4558 and swapped it out, but still having the same problem..

mgwhit

If you can unplug the power and you still get sound coming through the effect in both switch positions, you have a wiring error somewhere probably in your input/output jacks and/or 3PDT.  Did you follow the standard MadBean wiring diagram?

Or you might have a bad switch.

But if you can post good photos, we should be able to help you check your wiring.

BatmanSandwich

Don't think the wiring is an issue, I just wired the board directly to a couple of jacks and a 9v battery for testing purposes (the in and out connect to the tip of their respective jacks) http://imgur.com/a/RnGlv. I've tried several different ICs and still the same issues..

jkokura

Have you connected the jack, power and DC grounds while testing?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

BatmanSandwich

Quote from: jkokura on May 21, 2012, 01:25:20 AM
Have you connected the jack, power and DC grounds while testing?

Yes, yes and yes

:)