News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag

Started by alanp, May 24, 2012, 04:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

I haz a working Dirtbag. (Funny perspective is cos I forgot to clean my desk, so rotate and crop.)

I think that's the cleanest wiring job I've done so far.

Cooked up with v3205 (regretted that briefly while troubleshooting this morning, then decided that I'd rather troubleshoot than play "Is it a real 3005 or not?" roulette.) Had tons of fun playing with it once it was working, you can get some crazy sounds out of it as well as the ambient delay thing. It doesn't like too much volume from the guitar, but I can live with that for now. The flying trimpot is from when I was trying to clean up the BBD when the guitar was at full trot.

I forgot the CLR, so the indicator diode is now a friode. I'll fix that tomorrow  ;D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

spaceboss

Nice!

Good to see some successful 3205 builds lately.

SB

gtr2

good job!  The dirtbags a BIG build!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

alanp

Thanks! I'm tempted to build a second, 3005 version as well to see how much difference there is now :)

Something I forgot to mention - the case is one of Smallbear's discounted 'blemished' enclosures. I honestly can't spot any problem with the paintjob at all, so I'm not sure why it's counted as blemished.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

nzCdog

alanp

I'm an idiot. I figured out why it didn't like too much volume from the guitar.

If you turn the Level up past a certain point, the repeats turn to fuzz. This is a design feature, according to one Dirtbag tech help thread. Fair enough.

So, helpful hint to anyone who builds a DBD, if the repeats are fuzz, turn the Level to 10 o'clock or so  :-[
- Terry Pratchett
My website

alanp

Finally got around to painting it up. The black run is from where I did a few very small markings with a felt pen. Yes, I'm a bit thick sometimes.

The black is Indian Ink done with a very fine brush, with four coats of clearcoat spray on top. The Indian Ink did not run one bit. Turned out quite well on top of the Smallbear red, I reckon. And the rangi writing works well with the whole 'dirtbag' motif, so I reckon I got away with that.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

LaceSensor

nice build. Im going to revisit my cool audio dirtbag and see if we can be friends yet.

otehr than that I have one more board and will make mn3008 300ms version..

TNblueshawk

Quote from: LaceSensor on June 05, 2012, 07:14:14 PM
nice build. Im going to revisit my cool audio dirtbag and see if we can be friends yet.

otehr than that I have one more board and will make mn3008 300ms version..

Great build Alan. Love it!

Lace is this why you are looking for those DD boards? I seriously can't decide what version to build since the last 2 MN3005's were bad that i had. I am most interested in your 3008 idea.
John

LaceSensor

im going to make an mn3008 version tonight.
ill make a separate thread if it works out. This will be my final endeavour.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: LaceSensor on June 06, 2012, 09:56:07 AM
im going to make an mn3008 version tonight.
ill make a separate thread if it works out. This will be my final endeavour.

Dude, I just pulled the trigger on 2 MN3005's  :-[  I swore I would not do this  >:(  I suck I guess.
John