News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BYOC...possible defective parts?

Started by MattL, October 13, 2010, 02:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattL

I've built quite a few pedals at this point, starting with BYOC, to GGG, to guitarpcb.com and Madbean. Recently I've started building them without batteries, because who needs them on a pedal board? All my BYOC and GGG's have external power source as well as battery power. I only just started trying to use them all without batteries. Each and every BYOC does not work without the battery. All the GGG's do, the one guitarpcb.com one does, which was the last one I built with a battery. The ones without are just wired the same but without the battery rewired. It seems really strange to me that the BYOC is the only one that it (external power) doesn't work on, and alsothat it doesn't work on ALL the BYOC. The problem is consistent, and specific to BYOC. Any ideas? did they get a bad batch of DC jacks? Has anybody else had this problem? The testing was done without the input jacks plugged in (in which case the others all lit up) as well as with them plugged in, the only time the BYOCs worked...meaning battery power only. With batteries removed, there was no power under any circumstances. The testing was done with a 1spot power supply. The wiring has been checked against the instructions. Again, only the BYOC don't work as expected. Under battery power they all work fine. Thanks, Matt

maysink

I'm guessing you wired the adapter jack wrong on the BYOC builds. Double check vs. this pic:
[nothing to see here]
-e

MattL

Nope, that's how I wired it, and don't forget...we're talking about EIGHT pedals. All my GGG's, all my pcb.com pedals word. It's all of and only the BYOC. Thanks anyway though.

jkokura

I replaced I think 3 of the DC Jacks on my 4 BYOC pedals, but not because they're defective (actually I have no idea). I replaced them because I don't like the nut being on the inside. If you ever have to remove the guts of the pedal, you have to cut out the DC Jack that BYOC sends. I'd rather use the Jacks I usually use with the nut on the outside.

If they're defective, send them back to BYOC. They should give you replacements.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

could you post some gut picks, sometimes a fresh pair of eyes helps  :) :)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer