News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

a more sweepy weener

Started by Ang3lus, June 04, 2012, 02:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ang3lus

After trying to get my wah to sweep a little better (the wah seemed to sweep almost instantly between bass and treble, very very sensitive to the touch), I tried various mods to make it sound better and make almost every position useable.

1.Changed C4 to 22n polyester cap (tried orange drops 715p in this position, it started oscillating in some settings, and 15n osscilates like hell with any cap i tried with some settings).

2. added the freq pot (the wah sounded too boomy to my ears without it.

3. added a pot for R4 (1k pot paralleled to 560ohm almost), so i can adjust the gain.

4. peak pot on the outside (makes some unusable settings, usable)

5. ICAR pot (Area 51).

6. Changed C1 to 22nf.

now the wah sweeps like it should (IMO) and sounds awesome in any setting.

I can do a demo, but only on friday and then i will post a build report and some pics.

ch1naski

Quote from: Ang3lus on June 04, 2012, 02:09:35 AMAfter trying to get my wah to sweep a little better (the wah seemed to sweep almost instantly between bass and treble, very very sensitive to the touch), I tried various mods to make it sound better and make almost every position useable.

1.Changed C4 to 22n polyester cap (tried orange drops 715p in this position, it started oscillating in some settings, and 15n osscilates like hell with any cap i tried with some settings).

2. added the freq pot (the wah sounded too boomy to my ears without it.

3. added a pot for R4 (1k pot paralleled to 560ohm almost), so i can adjust the gain.

4. peak pot on the outside (makes some unusable settings, usable)

5. ICAR pot (Area 51).

6. Changed C1 to 22nf.

now the wah sweeps like it should (IMO) and sounds awesome in any setting.

I can do a demo, but only on friday and then i will post a build report and some pics.
Waiting for that demo. :)

Starting my wah build tomorrow, gonna try your setup. Thanks for the info.

Don't try. d3rpalicious.
one louder.

Ang3lus

i increased c4 again to 220n, it works better that way in the higher gain settings.

forgot to mention that :)

ch1naski

Quote from: Ang3lus on December 24, 2012, 12:49:34 PM
i increased c4 again to 220n, it works better that way in the higher gain settings.

forgot to mention that :)

Don't try. d3rpalicious.

Hah! Good thing I decided to socket all the tweak-able components (including the trannies).
Thanks for the info.
one louder.

Chinchen

I had a Korean girlfriend once who was "very, very sensitive to the touch".....Wasn't able to mod that...

;D

ch1naski

Quote from: Chinchen on January 06, 2013, 06:54:38 PM
I had a Korean girlfriend once who was "very, very sensitive to the touch".....Wasn't able to mod that...

;D
hope you used a socket. ;)

Don't try. d3rpalicious.
one louder.

Chinchen

i couldn't even get close.... ???