News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda Right Angle Plugs

Started by irmcdermott, June 22, 2012, 06:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Has anyone used them? Building a new pedalboard from the ground up, so I see a lot of soldering patch cables in my future....

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardware/6-35mm-1-4-plugs-jacks/6-35mm-1-4-mono-right-angle-metal-plug.html

jkokura

I don't know about those ones Ian, but I use the G&H (I think) ones from Orange County Speaker and they're the bomb. I think they're about 80 cents a piece if you get them in bulk, and they're coming from the States so...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Bluestrat

Hey, I bought several of these to do the same with. Gotta say, I'd call them fair at best. The plug along with the solder connection inside will rotate. I've had problems with them as a result. I buy lots of stuff from Tayda and this is the only item I'm not happy with.

atreidesheir

I have had a lot of headaches from that design.  I swore off them in the 80s.  TDPRI has good buzz about gfs right angles.  But quite precious, but half of George L's
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

irmcdermott

Thanks for the fast responses! I was looking at this and Orange County Speaker. Jacob, can you give a link? I'm not seeing anything at that price point.

pickdropper

I grabbe a few of them from Tayda.  I think you can likely do better elsewhere.  They don't seem very robust.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

Call them, you can get a better price point if you ask for it. When you buy through eBay, you always pay more because of the fees involved.

You'll also know when they're back in stock.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Jurassic

I ordered those angled plugs from Tayda and the package should arrive soon.. I will post some info/pics when I get them. Probably they are pretty flimsy, but let's wait and see! :)

slimtriggers

Quote from: Bluestrat on June 22, 2012, 06:12:46 PM
Hey, I bought several of these to do the same with. Gotta say, I'd call them fair at best. The plug along with the solder connection inside will rotate. I've had problems with them as a result. I buy lots of stuff from Tayda and this is the only item I'm not happy with.

+1  I've bought these and had bad luck with them.  Not very robust.  Maybe I heated mine up too much, but the internal plastic insulation melted and deformed when I soldered the wires, so the plug was no longer straight.

Everything else I've bought from Tayda I've been happy with.

Jurassic

Got the package today.. Plugs are ok quality and I think that they are going to work nicely on my pedalboard. I also ordered some resistors, caps, enclosures and some switches. Momentary dpdt-switches feel a bit flimsy, but everything else is pretty good quality.

GermanCdn

Yeah, I've had a couple of orders of these from Tayda, not because they were my first choice, but because I had cable on hand but no right angles and I had orders going in to Tayda anyway.  Same consensus as the rest, they're "ok", but I wouldn't build a gigging pedalboard around them.  Waiting for the 6" GFS cables to come back in stock.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

irmcdermott

What do y'all think of these. Roughly $1.38/jack, free shipping.

atreidesheir

Those look pretty not bad at all.  If my economic situation wasn't in the crapper I would go in for about half.  Maybe someone could split it 2 or 3 ways.  Those look decent.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman