News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Behold. The Meatsphere.

Started by MadPostman, July 15, 2012, 07:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPostman

This one has been in the works for awhile. If Scott Mezei didn't stop by the other day and get this build back on track, it would still be sitting on the shelf. Thanks!

The Meatsphere is a wild beast that takes a bit of experimenting to tame. It's a funky "auto-wah" that is capable of producing some of the craziest sounds. I will do an audio/video demo sometime soon.

At the moment I have the Send/Return jacks bypassed and I used the MadBean Standard wiring diagram instead of the one provided with the project. This was my first crack at using waterslide decals. It worked better than I hoped! I will definitely be using this method of finishing again. And yes, I screwed up on labeling the controls. I used "Delay" instead of "Decay". Just gives me an excuse to build another one!

"No two DIYers are alike, in general they're an upbeat and friendly group that shares a special trait: the courage to screw up."
My Website | Twitter

bigrigg

Nice job.  Dont see too many of these finished diy.  Mmmm....meaty.

pickdropper

Very classy looking.  I'd like to give that one a go one of these days.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

Congrats on the built, looks real sharp! 8)

I finished mine couple days ago but i'm having a grounding issue....... :-[
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

sgmezei

Dude we are going to have to make me an enclosure like that. Looks awesome with the decal on it.

juansolo

Very pro!

I keep thinking that I should build one of these.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

nzCdog

eldanko

Looks great man!  Nice job on the decal, especially being your first time.  Looks pretty pro to me!
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

Haberdasher

monster build!

great looking decal, is that laser or inkjet?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

MadPostman

Thanks everyone. This build is a monster. I've been messing around with it for 2 days now and I'm still finding different nuances.

GrindCustoms: When I first wired up the Meatsphere I believe I had some grounding issues as well, that's why I decided to go with the MadBean Standard wiring scheme instead of the one provided. I just left the LED on the meatsphere wired to the LED +/- on the PCB.

Haberdasher: It's a laser print. I'm very happy with how this came out.
"No two DIYers are alike, in general they're an upbeat and friendly group that shares a special trait: the courage to screw up."
My Website | Twitter

LaceSensor

Very nice
I did one of these ages ago, Im not sure mine actually works right tho.
Im planning to build another (I have 2 spare boards)

GrindCustoms

Quote from: MadPostman on July 16, 2012, 04:45:31 PM
GrindCustoms: When I first wired up the Meatsphere I believe I had some grounding issues as well, that's why I decided to go with the MadBean Standard wiring scheme instead of the one provided. I just left the LED on the meatsphere wired to the LED +/- on the PCB.

Thanks for the hint, i'll try it that way, just have'nt got the time to go back at it....

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Bret608

The look on this one is dead-on. I will also be trying my first waterslide in the near future, so this was inspiring!