News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Moebius Mudbunny

Started by Guitarmageddon, July 25, 2012, 04:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

I was asked to put together something a little bit interesting, based on a Muff, so I made this.
The Moebius Muff.

I etched a Mudbunny board and built it to Creamy Dreamer specs with BC549C trannys.

Second stomp switches on the Regerative Feedback Loop. It's my take on the Howl of Flaming Death Mod which includes an externally mounted LDR and produces wild, but tunable, self-oscillation. LDR is mounted in a 3mm bezel.

Escher etch of Ants crawling around a Moebius Strip, which is an incredible single sided object with some fascinating properties...google and build one if you haven't heard of it!

And a little Demo:

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

Bluestrat

Guitafuzz

Really Cool Congratulations!!!!!!!!  by the way what brand of caps are you using (the Yellow ones)?

Guitarmageddon

Quote from: Guitafuzz on July 25, 2012, 07:44:25 AM
Really Cool Congratulations!!!!!!!!  by the way what brand of caps are you using (the Yellow ones)?
Thanks Gents!
I bought those caps from Caps n' Such... when they closed and liquidated.
They have no brnd marking though. I do subscribe to the line of thought that says any 100n cap will sound exactly like a 0.1uf cap. ;)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

night-B

Hi! Congrats! This is a really nice muff. Can you post your mod layout please?

Julien

bigrigg

Guitarmageddon

Thanks for the kind words.
Quote from: night-B on July 25, 2012, 10:52:54 AM
Hi! Congrats! This is a really nice muff. Can you post your mod layout please?

Julien
The Creamy Dreamer values are listed in the Mudbunny build doc. I made a couple of very minor changes (used BC549C and used an asymetrical clipping set up in the second diode pair)
To do the feedback loop is quite simple, I first saw the idea on Beavis' "Howl of Flaming Death Mod", as illustrated here:

I put the LDR in series and used a smaller value pot. If you look at the gut shot you should be able to figure out how I wired it. ;)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

night-B

Vallhagen

Very cool pedal, and very nice etch.

The overall best with this thing is the idea/theme though... the neverending Moebius and an evergoing feedback ... Brilliant thinking. Its a bit like "damm, why didnt i come up with that idea myself ;) "

Keep up the good work!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/