News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Sparkley Sparklehorn. MP Golden Cello workalike

Started by jimmybjj, July 30, 2012, 12:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

I like this pedal alot! Not sure what the original uses for a drive circuit, but madbeans version uses a tubescreamer type circuit. I know its just another tubescreamer type circuit, but damn this thing sounds great. I don't currently have my "pedal" amp available so i have to test through my fender champ that sounds like crap with every dirt pedal i've ever tried, EXCEPT this one. I used leds for the clipping diodes and a TLE2072 for the IC. I like this pedal alot. I originally really wanted to build this pedal but when i saw 6 pots and all the wire associated with it i was less excited, so i made my own layout with board mounted pots :)

Every time i photograph one of these type pedals it further solidifies my belief that i will never be a photographer. The sparkles on this pedal is amazing but the pics just don't show it. The finish is my own mix of powders. There is a chameleon effect in person, from one angle there is a redish brown and it shifts to a green as your eye changes angles relative to the pedal.

The video is not a demo. It is simple just to show the sparkles in the powder coating, and the Iphone camera didn't pick them up like it does in person

Pcbs no longer available

mgwhit

Sweet build!  I love the color, sparkle and white lettering.

I've been meaning to breadboard that one since Bean posted the project.  I've already got a Screamer on one board and I just got some PT2399's in the mail, so I suppose now I have to do it.

raulduke

Lovely build mate.

Lovely PCB layout too; very pro looking.

nzCdog

Man that thing shimmers! nice work  :o
I was hoping for a Champ soundbyte in that video Jim... ;)

jubal81

A real beut inside and out!

You did a really top-notch job on the layout. Very impressive!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

skullservant

Looks great! I can definitely see the color shifting, nice effect  :D

gtr2

6 pots and top mounted jacks in a 125B...  :o

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimmybjj

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Quote from: gtr2 on July 30, 2012, 04:42:42 PM
6 pots and top mounted jacks in a 125B...  :o

Josh

It was really close. Funny thing is i didn't start worrying until i had completely finished the finish. "Man that looks close, i don't think that is going to fit" :)
Pcbs no longer available

pickdropper

Very cool build.  I am curious about this circuit, it seems like a neat idea.  I may have to give it a run when I get a bit more caught up on things.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

eldanko

This is awesome!  Tell me you made more of these boards.... the wiring is what's been scaring me away as well!   :D
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

irmcdermott

jimmybjj

Quote from: eldanko on July 31, 2012, 03:18:50 PM
This is awesome!  Tell me you made more of these boards.... the wiring is what's been scaring me away as well!   :D

Pm'd

Quote from: irmcdermott on July 31, 2012, 09:04:49 PM
Hey Jim,

Where do you get those LEDs?

LEDs are from eBay but I think you are taking about the Frensel lense

http://www.mouser.com/Optoelectronics/LED-Indication/LED-Lenses/_/N-76e35?Keyword=Fresnel&FS=True
Pcbs no longer available

TNblueshawk

John

bigmufffuzzwizz

That finish is really cool! I've been pondering mixing colors with the powdercoat gun, is that what you did? Like black and blue, would that work..hmm?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals