News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

And Another: The Shortstack

Started by whitebread47, August 18, 2012, 08:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitebread47

I've decided to slowly start boxing up all of the working circuits I have lying around. This is the Shortstack circuit from jtn191's last run. You'll notice I left the diodes out of the circuit but socketed the pads for the Bluesberry mod. As with the Crowther Hotcake, I prefer the non-Bluesberry variation. I've owned a couple of the originals and this one sounds dead-on based on my memory; perfect with my AC15!

For now, it has a TL071 like the current Hotcake units, though I'm sure I'll try out a ua741 mojo can IC and a NE5534 for experimentation. Sorry, it's not much to look at and my shoddy photography could stand some improvement. I just can't bring myself to do the waterslide decals...yet.

On the bright side, I took more time with the wiring than usual and think it turned out relatively well. It's certainly my best wiring job to date.

Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

nzCdog

Tidy stuff man... is that your pcb layout?

whitebread47

Quote from: nzCdog on August 19, 2012, 12:54:39 PM
Tidy stuff man... is that your pcb layout?

Thanks.  No, this is jtn191's recent layout.  I'm still a little intimidated by EAGLE, playing around with DIY Layout Creator for now.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

jtn191

nice man! lots of room left.
I'm almost sure I just got the diodes flipped around...will test it out.
My first hotcake had pretty clean wiring too. Must be how the stock one was all small and white, clean and bright like