News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Honeysuckle (Honeydripper) build.

Started by JakeFuzz, August 20, 2012, 06:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeFuzz

After much CA3080 shuffling this is finally up and running. The faceplate is courtesy of Keefe (Hadberdasher) and let me say this is the coolest looking faceplate I have seen yet. This pedal makes the rest of my board look very weak  :D. The lines are crazy sharp and I polished the copper before sealing it in poly so it pretty much glows in any light. There is a little bit of grit with really heavy attack and high output pickups. I have a digital Korg model of this pedal and this one sounds way cooler. I may do a demo in the next few days if I get the time but it is impossible to describe the sound of this one in words. If you are planning on building this planning is a must. There is sub-millimeter clearance between the jack tips and the switch and my DC jack had to have a height adjust nut to clear the board.

midwayfair

That's really nice; copper on black is always a good color combo. Did you do the design work on the plate, or did Keefe?

JakeFuzz

Quote from: midwayfair on August 20, 2012, 07:20:54 PM
That's really nice; copper on black is always a good color combo. Did you do the design work on the plate, or did Keefe?

Keefe did it. I am no where near that artistic (mine would have too many straight lines). I do love the copper on the black background, especially when it reflects the light.

bigrigg

I am clapping so loudly, you should be able to hear it!
I will be building this sucker in the next few months.  Must order from Brian.
This is inspirational.

Haberdasher

awesome dude, that looks just like mine!  hee hee

good work man, I'm glad you finally got yours going.  the honeydripper is a blast, and i'm looking forward to your demo!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

GrindCustoms

That's a killer built!  :o

I agree that it asks for some good planning......tight fit...

I'm addicted to Keefe pcb's, the etching is so neat  8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

nzCdog

Thats an impressive build!  'Wow' and well done... plus Habs the faceplate design is awesome!

night-B

hoodoo

I reckon that would be the coolest faceplate etch i've come across so far, great build. Was it black to start with or was it painted post etching? Take it easy , Matt.

lincolnic

JakeFuzz

Thanks everyone. Me and a friend were playing it last night and it sounds really cool with an overdrive in the front. I would also like to have the Sweep control on a foot controller. I find short even palm muted notes sound quacky and cool.

Quote from: hoodoo on August 20, 2012, 10:40:59 PM
I reckon that would be the coolest faceplate etch i've come across so far, great build. Was it black to start with or was it painted post etching? Take it easy , Matt.

This was black PCB material with copper on the top.

Bret608

Oh man...the fact that Keefe will do this for folks has me doing all kinds of math in my head right now! This is just unreal. A demo would be fantastic!

Haberdasher

Quote from: Bret608 on August 23, 2012, 02:41:04 PM
Oh man...the fact that Keefe will do this for folks has me doing all kinds of math in my head right now! This is just unreal. A demo would be fantastic!
Yeah man, I have lots of the black material so hit me up if you're interested.
Sorry if I'm threadjacking...

x2 on the demo!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

JakeFuzz

Well this isn't a very good demo but it is pretty tough to set the recording level with this pedal. I should have put a compressor on the output but it gets peaky and clips the mic in a lot of places. Also it is difficult to find riffs to play through this thing so it is all pretty much aimless noodling. Enough excuses though  8) on with the show...

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/jakefuzz/hd[/soundcloud]

EDIT: Guitar is a goldtop epi LP with stock P-90's through a TRRI with no other effects.

pickdropper

Damn, that is a beautiful looking pedal.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper