News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

KingSlayer Buffer Bypass Switch

Started by eldanko, September 11, 2012, 10:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

Howdy friends -

Is there any sort of cheeky method for putting the KingSlayer buffer on a switch to go between buffered and true bypass?  There was something similar posted in a thread here for the Sunking that I never got around to trying... http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=5238.0

Thanks!
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

eldanko

Looking at that one now - thanks for the link....

Would this one require me to build the buffer on vero or something like that, and just switch it in and out of the circuit?  Or would there be a way to incorporate the buffer pads on the board and the resistors on the switch?

midwayfair

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3063.0

?

I believe it can also be done with a single toggle and a 4PDT stomp from smallbear. This might allow for sticking the toggle in easier-to-reach places or using a smaller switch (like a dip switch!).

eldanko

Quote from: midwayfair on September 11, 2012, 12:03:46 PM
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3063.0

?

I believe it can also be done with a single toggle and a 4PDT stomp from smallbear. This might allow for sticking the toggle in easier-to-reach places or using a smaller switch (like a dip switch!).

THERE IT IS.

I knew there was a better version of that diagram out there somewhere... didn't think to look in build reports....

eldanko

Hmmm... might hit you up later to talk me through the 4PDT idea.  I had actually started diagramming something like that a few minutes ago but hit a snag...

jimmybjj

Quote from: eldanko on September 11, 2012, 11:53:38 AM
Looking at that one now - thanks for the link....

Would this one require me to build the buffer on vero or something like that, and just switch it in and out of the circuit?  Or would there be a way to incorporate the buffer pads on the board and the resistors on the switch?

I haven't actually used that switching (yet) but that particular diagram uses the circuits first opamp as the buffer.

If you wanted to use a add on vero or pcb it would be simple to use a dpdt to switch the input on the center lugs and use the outer lugs for true bypass on one side and buffered on the other. Only thing would be while in buffered and drive mode the signal would be buffered twice, once by the Klon circuit and once by the buffer on the dpdt switch.
Pcbs no longer available

eldanko

Quote from: jimmybjj on September 11, 2012, 12:22:26 PM

I haven't actually used that switching (yet) but that particular diagram uses the circuits first opamp as the buffer.

If you wanted to use a add on vero or pcb it would be simple to use a dpdt to switch the input on the center lugs and use the outer lugs for true bypass on one side and buffered on the other. Only thing would be while in buffered and drive mode the signal would be buffered twice, once by the Klon circuit and once by the buffer on the dpdt switch.

Bingo... precisely why I was looking for a way to utilize the circuit's buffer instead of adding an external one.  I've heard that if you run two buffers at once, your guitar tone will cut out and sound like a banjo.   ;D

jimmybjj

Cool let us know how it goes, it's gonna be a while before I get to it.
Pcbs no longer available