News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Apis. Klon in a 1590a

Started by jimmybjj, September 11, 2012, 04:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marauder

As Tayda have started doing 1599a's, count me in for 2 also. That is SO cool!

Om_Audio

I spend an hour or so looking at the pics thread at FSB.org. I do this occasionally. Very inspiring. Sometimes inspiring to build, sometimes inspiring to quit and never build again. The breadth of quality, creativity, and skill displayed there is mind bending. From psychotic epoxied piles of parts to clean, retro, steampunk, wood, handmade, silly, serious, dildos, clear, inverted crosses, toilet seats, on and on. This pedal just fits among the lot as a really great example of unique vision and skilled execution.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36392.20240
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

baj2k

Quote from: jimmybjj on September 12, 2012, 03:20:32 AM
Thanks again for the compliments guy!!!

Quote from: MattOcaster on September 12, 2012, 12:14:06 AM
How long does it usually take to get your PCBs back?
Judging by those sexay purple pcbs, I assume you used dorkbot?

I've actually never done a 1590a build, but have managed my 1590b's with back mounted jacks.
With side jacks, don't the 1590a's take up just as much space on the pedal board then?
Not to criticize your stunning build at all, just surprised at the lack of "1590b with back mounted jacks".

In case anyone is wondering, if you shave down the top of those plastic jacks you used, it's just enough space to fit under the pots.

Dorkbot takes about 3 weeks

I don't think so. with the 1590b you still have to put the dc jack on the side (i haven't tried any of those super small dc jacks some people are using, maybe they would work.), creating a wider footprint. Even with the side jacks, i think a 1590a with right angle jacks is still considerably smaller than a 1590b

1590A with side mounted pancake jacks is ~2.4" when it's plugged in and ready for use . A 125B with top mounted jacks is ~2.5" ready to go so you save ~1/10". Yes, it's smaller, but I don't think I'd call it "considerably smaller" than other enclosure options.

For me the one off parts (1/8w resisters, etc.) and huge increase in build difficulty over the numerous Klone PCB's out there that fit a 125B make it rather impractical. But the fact still remains that it's an  amazing layout that I must conquer... kind of like climbing Everest because it's there ;) 
"And then one day you find... 10 years have gone behind you... no-one told you when to run... you missed the starting gun..." R. Waters

eddiebeer

Wow.... Impressive shrink job!