News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1. Wolfshirt 2. Cosmopolitan

Started by cajone5, September 13, 2012, 07:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajone5

Not my first madbean build and definitely not my last.  Thanks so much for providing these boards, instruction and information to paint-by-number folks like me  :D

Here is a wolfshirt I built for a friend who asked for a FTM clone.  It sounds AWESOME and has inspired me to build one for myself.  I can't wait!

culturejam

Nice to see you here Cajone5. I see you on TGP all the time.  ;D   (this is cj_wattage)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jkokura

Nice! I like the addition of the Battery lid. It's stupid to have to unscrew the 'lid' everytime, but that's sort of how it has to be done unless you do like you did.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

Very tidy build, and tasty enclosure finish 8)

fish22

I think the braided pot wires are pretty cool!
I also really like how the resistor leads are insulated.
good work!
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

Bret608

Nice! Hope to box mine up in the next month. I just need a couple of parts! I bet this sounds awesome. I'm also putting the octave on a footswitch.

cajone5

It sounds great  :D  Thanks for all the kind words and I recognize quite a few names here from TGP, D*A*M and BJFe forums  ;)

I honestly preferred it with the 2N3904s as it had more clarity, less gain, and a slightly less pronounced octave.  As it's shown there it  has NOS 2N3565's which are wilder and have more gain.  I built it for a friend and he wanted wild so he went with the NOS ones -- that's also why it actually looks good inside instead of my usual mess...  I have another board which I plan to build up for myself in the relatively near future and have an email out to another friend/builder about help with an enclosure since I can't do drilling myself. 

Oh here is another one I built up from a haberdasher board...

It was a tight fit but I made it work.  I need to rewire a couple things -- namely the volume (and gain) I think I wired in reverse.  Also plan to swap the volume pot out for a linear taper one as the volume jumps up pretty quickly.  I tried to go with the AC176 for Q3 (?) but didn't like the sound although I don't think I had the right hfe because it sounded pretty gated and like it needed to be pushed harder.  Swapped it out for a 2n2222 and man I really dig it!  Oh and the added 6th control is on R2 which I decided to add based on some info from Marc @ Skreddy.  He said replacing the 100R with a 56k gave him better tones with humbucker equipped guitars so I added a 100k pot with a 100R resistor in line. It's kind of like a texture control of sorts.  I'm digging the added versatility although with all the other EQ options available on this pedal it seems like a bit of overkill.   :o