News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vibe-Mania! (Incl. Warhead) >>

Started by Fastocker, September 22, 2012, 05:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastocker

I've been on a vibe-a-thon lately . . . just can't get enough of that throb, I suppose.  First up was another Neovibe build, named after the color of powder coat I used.  Enclosure is a Hammond 1550E.  Built from a GGG board -- I put an 18-volt regulator in this one and use a 24VDC wall wart to power it -- running it up to 18 volts gave it some more thump and effect.

Next up I wanted to give the Forum-Vibe a try so I ordered a PCB from Classic Amplification.  This one reminds me of the color scheme of my buddy's '87 Mustang GT.  This was my first attempt at a two-tone powder coat (actually three-tone counting the stripe).  Top is dormant burgundy, bottom is black chrome then I added the tomato red stripe and shot clear over the whole thing.  This one took a full afternoon to powder coat but I'm really pleased with the results . . . you can barely even feel the stripe under the clear.  Enclosure is a Bud Industries CU-234:

Last but not least is my latest, the Madbean Warhead.  Got the board from Haberdasher and decided to go with the military theme . . . that's flat army green powder.  Enclosure is a Hammond 1590J:

[imghttp://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc18/Fastocker/Vibe%20Pedals/Warhead-001_zps99607b8a.jpg]http://[/img]

All of them sound really good -- right now the Forum-Vibe wins by a hair but with some tuning on the trimmers you can make them all sound virtually identical.

Owner of Unique-Vibe, LLC
www.facebook.com/uniquevibe

midwayfair

:o

Outstanding work. Really pro graphics. And square switches!

jimmybjj

Fantastic as usual! Are us using the pulsar for the graphics? If so did you clear over the white?
Pcbs no longer available

nzCdog

Fastocker

Quote from: jimmybjj on September 22, 2012, 05:40:26 PM
Fantastic as usual! Are us using the pulsar for the graphics? If so did you clear over the white?

Hey Jim -- yeah, I used the Pulsar kit for all the graphics.  I didn't clear over any of the graphics in the photos -- I found out that the Pulsar stuff is pretty sturdy and durable once you let the adhesive dry for a few days.

Also found out that you really can't clear coat over red with white graphics . . . unless you want pink graphics.  Had to refinish the Sweet Cherry Vibe twice!  First time I used a normal clear and the red bled into the graphics.  Stripped everything down and did it again, this time using low-temp clear (325 degrees) . . . still pink -- oh, I was mad by that point.  Stripped everything down again, did the powder and graphics again but no clear this time.  No chips or scratches yet and I've dropped guitar cords on the box more than once . . . so we'll see how it holds up.  So far so good.

After perusing some of the powdercoating forums I found out that that's pretty common with red powder . . . just doesn't want to cooperate with clear too well if you're using any sort of graphics or two-tone.
Owner of Unique-Vibe, LLC
www.facebook.com/uniquevibe

murdog47

pickdropper

Those builds all look fantastic.  Great job.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimmybjj

Quote from: Fastocker on September 22, 2012, 06:00:19 PM
Quote from: jimmybjj on September 22, 2012, 05:40:26 PM

Hey Jim -- yeah, I used the Pulsar kit for all the graphics.  I didn't clear over any of the graphics in the photos -- I found out that the Pulsar stuff is pretty sturdy and durable once you let the adhesive dry for a few days.

That is pretty much my findings too. Any time in the oven and the white turns pink.

Quote from: murdog47 on September 22, 2012, 06:15:40 PM
Looks great! What is Pulsar?

http://www.pulsarprofx.com/decalpro/
Pcbs no longer available

MattOcaster

Those are awesome!!
All look better than pro!!
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

sgmezei

I love the themes! So much vibe. I love it !

juansolo

You vibes continue to blow my mind. Amazing builds!  8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Mich P

mshuptar

The decal font on the Warhead is extremely cool!

LaceSensor

crazy beautiful looking work there
makes mine look amateur. Guts please.

Sigesmundninja

Tasty! I rally need to learn to label my build in this fashion!