News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boneyard and tonepad's guv'nor

Started by tagwap, September 24, 2012, 09:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tagwap

Boneyard:

Best sounding plexi clone by far but a bit of an ordeal to get ironed out. I had popping on the clean boost switch so i had to add a resistor in to the switch (after asking for help on this forum), also the high gain had the squeal problem so I had to build in a klon buffer between the switch and the PCB. (you can see it wrapped in masking tape to shield it  if you look carefully!) I LOVE this pedal. Best hard rock overdrive out of everything i've built but I was surprised by the issues with it as I built the previous version and didn't have any of these issues. Anyway, it was a good learning experience and I appreciate Brian's hard work o provide these great projects and all the extra help I got from everyone else around here  :)

And also here is a Guv'nor from tonepad (excellent etch from haberdasher)
I love the fact that this has a 3 band eq. This makes it way more versatile than many of the other overdrives out there. Great for classic rock and also does a pretty good scooped metal sound with the 3 band eq. I painted it using masking tape to give a van halen/racing stripe design. The LED (which is impossible to capture in a photo for some reason) is superbright PINK! It look's super 80s which is pretty much what i was after. I'll probably swap out the knobs for gold marshall style when i place my next parts order.

jkokura

That boneyard layout totally makes me thing Superdelay. I like the subtle graphics on that a lot.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

sgmezei

The finish on the boneyard is outstanding. I LOVE that finish. The pedal sounds like a monster too.

angrykoko

Love your boneyard finish.  That looks really amazing!
I second your feelings about the boneyard, it's my most used pedal, Love the thing.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.