News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Gatekeeper

Started by pickdropper, October 11, 2012, 05:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

This is an ISP Decimator that I built with a board I got from jimmybjj.  Sorry for the lousy pics, it was somewhat overcast and they didn't turn out so well.  I may try again later.

Still dialing in the bias.  It's a gate, so there aren't too many superlatives to describe it.  But it will be useful at work with my Mesa Tremoverb.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

njkke

I really LOVE this graphic! Nice knob too!

jimmybjj

Amazing graphics! I really like your style. I'm gonna have to bid on your auction.
Pcbs no longer available

midwayfair

Crop circles!

Also: The pots, trim, and 4001 are the only through hole parts? Are you doing the toaster oven thing with these or actually soldering the tineh parts?

p.s. Now you just need a keymaster.

Bret608

Those graphics are really cool. And where would one source a knob of that kind? John Lyons is the only guy I've seen use those before.

pickdropper

Quote from: jimmybjj on October 11, 2012, 06:03:36 AM
Amazing graphics! I really like your style. I'm gonna have to bid on your auction.

Thanks!

Yes, I hope there are more bids on the auction.  It's obviously for a very good cause.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on October 11, 2012, 06:33:28 AM
Crop circles!

Also: The pots, trim, and 4001 are the only through hole parts? Are you doing the toaster oven thing with these or actually soldering the tineh parts?

p.s. Now you just need a keymaster.

This one is sort of a mix of SMT and thru-hole.  There are plenty of electrolytic thru-hole caps as well.  I've used a reflow oven for other SMT, but not for any of my pedal builds, yet.  This used 0805, so it really wasn't that bad.  I've hand soldered 0402 before, but I tend to lose too many of those while I'm working, so I usually stick to 0603 as a minimum.

And yes, it really needs the keymaster to work properly.  :-)
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: Bret608 on October 11, 2012, 06:38:05 AM
Those graphics are really cool. And where would one source a knob of that kind? John Lyons is the only guy I've seen use those before.

Actually, I got this knob from John Lyons.  You can find them on ebay if you look.  These are fairly cheap Chinese knobs.  The real Daven ones are nicer but very expensive (if you can even find them).
Function f(x)

lincolnic

That's a super slick design. And anyone who solders SMT components is always impressive.

bigrigg

Looks great!  The knob looks like its off my grandma's dresser.  LOL

eldanko

Killer name concept, graphic, and wiring.  Crazy pro!
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

gtr2

you keep raising the bar  :o
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jubal81

Everyone's said everything I'm thinking. Love it!
BTW, do you use a drill patter to fit all those jacks on the top?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on October 11, 2012, 03:26:47 PM
Everyone's said everything I'm thinking. Love it!
BTW, do you use a drill patter to fit all those jacks on the top?

Thanks for the kind words, everybody.

Um, I am not sure what a drill patter is.  Can you elaborate?

You know, I've done many top mount 125Bs, but this one was a bit tighter.  I shaved a bit of aluminum with a chisel to fit it better.  It fit before, but was too tight for comfort.  All good now.
Function f(x)