Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Totally Epic Klon Thread of Awesome About Swearing

Started by madbean, October 16, 2012, 04:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

Quote from: midwayfair on August 08, 2013, 03:46:25 PM
Quote from: ch1naski on August 08, 2013, 04:43:32 AM
Jon, if those bottles are in that liquor cabinet of yours, you better lock the doors. I'm coming over.

Nope. Here's the closest equivalents:
Gin: Bombay
Wine: A magnum of Montepulciano (it's actually quite good for drinking, but I mostly make sauce with it ...)
Vodka: Gray Goose. The bottle is 5 years old ... who knows if it's still good. I last used it for making vanilla.
Jagermeister: wut? I guess ... sambuca?

Two gin recommendations for your collection: Hendricks and Monkey 47 (definitely my favourites) and for the tonic Fentimans Tonic Water
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

midwayfair

Quote from: micromegas on August 08, 2013, 03:58:32 PM
Jon, if those bottles are in that liquor cabinet of yours, you better lock the doors. I'm coming over.

Wine: A magnum of Montepulciano (it's actually quite good for drinking, but I mostly make sauce with it ...)
Vodka: Gray Goose. The bottle is 5 years old ... who knows if it's still good. I last used it for making vanilla.

Two gin recommendations for your collection: Hendricks and Monkey 47 (definitely my favourites) and for the tonic Fentimans Tonic Water

I can't stand gin. I originally got it for mixed drinks, but none of my friends seem to drink it either.

I did have a friend recommend Hendricks who said it blows Bombay out of the water, but if I basically don't like any aspect of a gin and tonic or martini, I'm not sure it's worth the investment to try it.

micromegas

Quote from: midwayfair on August 08, 2013, 04:01:43 PM
Quote from: micromegas on August 08, 2013, 03:58:32 PM

I can't stand gin. I originally got it for mixed drinks, but none of my friends seem to drink it either.

I did have a friend recommend Hendricks who said it blows Bombay out of the water, but if I basically don't like any aspect of a gin and tonic or martini, I'm not sure it's worth the investment to try it.

Every gin (with the exception of Beefeater, which shouldn't be called gin) worth an investment.... if you like gin, of course.

Now seriously: Hendriks is special, but it is still a gin and tastes like it, and you can buy many vactrols with the money it costs...
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

ch1naski

Grey Goose is still good, I bet. I can taste it for you, to make sure. ;)
one louder.

juansolo

Just got my 2nd infraction on TGP for a post I made months ago. A guy in the EU wanting a RotoSim. I had one for sale at the time and offered it to him at significantly less than it'd have cost him to get one from the US (like £120 cheaper!). He bought it and was deliriously happy. Someone bounced the the thread yesterday and a mod slapped me with another infraction...

Seriously? I'm hardly a commercial outfit pimping my knocked off Klones. Well I'm not commercial and I do that far more subtly. It's never resulted in a sale to be fair ;) I honestly thought I was helping out there rather than exploiting their board.

Anyhow I hope they go through all my posts now. I'm sure they'll find enough reasons there to ban me and I can get rid of the place from my bookmarks.

Utter wankers.

PS: I like this thread. Good place to swear when I mean it.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

midwayfair

Quote from: juansolo on August 09, 2013, 07:39:10 AM
Just got my 2nd infraction on TGP for a post I made months ago. A guy in the EU wanting a RotoSim. I had one for sale at the time and offered it to him at significantly less than it'd have cost him to get one from the US (like £120 cheaper!). He bought it and was deliriously happy. Someone bounced the the thread yesterday and a mod slapped me with another infraction...

Seriously? I'm hardly a commercial outfit pimping my knocked off Klones. Well I'm not commercial and I do that far more subtly. It's never resulted in a sale to be fair ;) I honestly thought I was helping out there rather than exploiting their board.

Anyhow I hope they go through all my posts now. I'm sure they'll find enough reasons there to ban me and I can get rid of the place from my bookmarks.

Utter wankers.

I don't understand what happened here at all. Did the mods explain the infraction? Did they give you one for replying to someone's wtb ad that you had a copy of the pedal you were looking for? Maybe ask if it was a mistake.

ch1naski

Seriously? I'm hardly a commercial outfit pimping my knocked off Klones.
If you WERE, you probably could have slipped by without a problem. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
one louder.

juansolo

Quote from: midwayfair on August 09, 2013, 12:14:32 PM

Utter wankers.

I don't understand what happened here at all. Did the mods explain the infraction? Did they give you one for replying to someone's wtb ad that you had a copy of the pedal you were looking for? Maybe ask if it was a mistake.

Nope, he was after a leslie pedal and I was selling my RotoSim at the time (as I'd built the Leslish). He was looking at £250 to import one, I let him have mine for what I paid for it (I got it for a bargain price). They've removed the post, but it's there quoted in all it's nefarious glory in the thank you post from the guy:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1264970

The infraction was because, and I quote, I should have used the Emporium...

midwayfair

Actually, I think the issue was that you told him that the details were on your site AND that you posted that you had one for sale in someone's thread AND that you didn't currently have a For Sale ad up for the pedal you were referring to. TGP requires donations to post for sale threads, and you're not a supporting member over there.

TGP gets a lot of flack on DIY sites (most of it deserved), and though I'd like to say that they were total jerks, in this case I think they were right to give you a warning at least. I don't know how serious the infraction was, because it's pretty minor and doesn't seem malicious. It was just a misunderstanding of their way of doing things. It also is extremely unlikely that it has anything to do with your "business". I would guess they didn't even look at your site to determine whether you were a commercial builder (though they've been cracking down on people not disclosing lately).

In the future, if someone is interested in a pedal and you have one for sale, just PM them and you won't get an infraction unless the person thinks it's spam.

juansolo

CBA to be honest.

I find the place has an unjustified sense of self importance and over-zealous mods. It's twice I've been slapped down now like a naughty child. Given that, I absolutely don't want to give them any money that's for bloody sure!

Any idea how you delete an account or do I just have to be really properly offensive?

jkokura

I'd say just leave it. Don't go delete your account, you may regret that at some later date. Do what I do and delete the bookmark for a while.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

juansolo

alanp

Matakana Moonshine "Original Amber Lightning Southern Style" is really, REALLY nice. Smooth, and with NONE of the nailpolish whiff you get from cheap whisky.

Better yet, it's distilled here in Aotearoa! If you see a bottle, it's worth getting. If you're in NZ, it's worth seeing if your town is listed in their 'Score Some Here' page.

http://www.matakanamoonshine.co.nz/
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

drezdn

The only time I've really liked gin is when it's mixed with wine.

alanp

$40 bottle of Black Bush, and $40 bottle of Black Label turned up.

After the weekend. Gah.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website