News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2 knobbed(dual concentric) "Phony Klony". Finally built my own Apis pcb :)

Started by jimmybjj, October 17, 2012, 05:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

Meet the "Phony Klony"  ;D I finally built a pcb from my Apis PCB run

The name and idea is inspired by midwayfair. I was thinking of things that rhymed with Klony like  midwayfair's "Klony" series. Phony rhymes :) like fake, I know corny but I like it.

How does it sound...like a klon :) I used dual concentric knobs for the clean/gain and vol/tone. It worked out really well. I don't think that splitting the gain pot is very useful but i couldn't find a matching knob as a single so they both ended up dual for aesthetics. The finish is powder coat black texture.

Pcbs no longer available

midwayfair

sgmezei

Wow that is nice dude. I haven't seen many around with the dual pots. Looks wicked!

I am glad you finally got to build one of your PCB's  ;D

greyscales

Love the concentric pots. A Klone must be the perfect project for them.

raulduke

Very nice build dude!

I like the concentric pots too; I have't seen many of them on pedal builds.

Liustucru

The concentric pots are just great !!!
I have to consider using some for my next builds. It can help saving some space !!!

How did you do the white or silver lettering and graphics ?

pickdropper

I dig this build.  The concentric knobs are a great idea and I like the white on black graphic.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

Besides all the obvious win in this build, I really like the black texture powdercoat. I could see an etched aluminum faceplate looking great on that. Is the lettering/image on this etched?

k.rock!

WOW! I love this build dude!! Everything about it is killer...the finish, the graphics and the knobs!! Really cool bro...

-K
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

k.rock!

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jimmybjj

Thanks for all of the great comments guys.

The graphics are "pulsar decal pro" you can get some great results with them. Check out okeefs and fastcockers stuff for examples. The only issue is its a huge pain in the ass and there is a steep learning curve, of course ymmv. It's by far the hardest process I do, but I also get the best results of of everything I do as well.
Pcbs no longer available

k.rock!

Quote from: jimmybjj on October 19, 2012, 01:50:00 PM
Thanks for all of the great comments guys.

The graphics are "pulsar decal pro" you can get some great results with them. Check out okeefs and fastcockers stuff for examples. The only issue is its a huge pain in the ass and there is a steep learning curve, of course ymmv. It's by far the hardest process I do, but I also get the best results of of everything I do as well.

Cool! Thanks dude!

-K
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

mysticaxe

stecykmi

nice looking build! i have to admit, i'm curious about the pots too.

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available