News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Roadrage meets GGG fuzzFace problems [Fixed]

Started by BRGPollen, October 19, 2012, 09:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRGPollen

I could use some help and understanding!

I had another Roadrage at my disposal and wanted the Fuzz Face that I had built early on in this adventure to be able to sit on my board without a battery.  I followed the instructions in MB's Road Rage Doc wanting to have the Sag control.

Without plugging audio in, Everything powered the way that it should.  Funny thing though, when I started rewiring the audio in's and outs It was like I had never added the Road Rage.  I have included GGG's layout here in the hopes that someone might be able to lend me a hand.

ANY help in troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks B

The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

jkokura

Hmm...

Not quite following. Are you saying that when you plug cables in the power turns off? I'm trying to understand what you're saying is the problem. Perhaps you could clarify?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

BRGPollen

Jacob,
          Yes!   When I plug in the audio cables the power to the rest of the chain is disrupted.  All of the other "normal" pedals lose power and the Fuzz Face stays on  :-\

Thanks B

jkokura

Quote from: BRGPollen on October 19, 2012, 09:58:19 PM
Jacob,
          Yes!   When I plug in the audio cables the power to the rest of the chain is disrupted.  All of the other "normal" pedals lose power and the Fuzz Face stays on  :-\

Thanks B

That means you don't have your pedal wired correctly. Careful rewiring is in order. Have you looked at the Road Rage docs for the correct wiring scheme?

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

BRGPollen

Yes I had them in front of me the whole time.  This might explain what is going on inside.

Again thanks for looking at this.

B

jkokura

Well there's your problem. You're powering the effect incorrectly. That effect runs on -9V power, and you're feeding it +9V power. There are many issues with you're wiring diagram.

You need to use the road rage board to power your effect using the -9V pad. I'm not sure if you'll be able to use the sag feature, I'm not familiar with the current build docs it seems.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

BRGPollen

Ok.

Here I go. Voltage measured at the sag pad gave a -8.75v reading.  That's why I used it as the -9v in on the ggg board. Where I am completely lost is where "ground" is on the board (ggg)! I have the sinking feeling that I have grounded the -v somehow.  

:-\

B

All is working now!!  I had a poor solder joint from the Road Rage ground to the 9v jack!  Haste makes waste.