Author Topic: Sunking  (Read 2883 times)

eniacmike

• Solder Ninja
  • Mike
    • View Profile
Sunking
« on: November 24, 2010, 10:25:41 PM »

painted in testor's diamond dust

I put the bmx on there because to me that is the modern centaur, and I hate astrology even though I am a sagittarius and the centaur is my sign. I also though it was a little tongue and cheek.

I used 1n34a for the diodes, and chose to leave the buffered bypass in. it was a little tricky fitting all the resistors on the switch. maybe next time I will use a x-wing switch.

all in all this was a pretty easy build or at least nothing went wrong for me. thanks madbean for the awesome directions even though I checked everything 3 or 4 times before soldering to make sure I had it right it fired right up the first time.

sound is killer, worth the work (actually ordering parts was the hardest work).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 10:53:46 PM by eniacmike »

stecykmi

• Electron Doctor
  • Misha
    • View Profile
Re: Sunking
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 10:56:45 PM »
oh man, i love that paint. i need to get out to a hobby store pick some of that stuff up.

eniacmike

• Solder Ninja
  • Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 11:41:53 PM »
I love testor's one coats they really do go on in one coat. diamond dust, inca gold, lime ice are my favorite colors. deja blue is a little too dark for me because I do black decals but if you did white it would be pretty close to the timmy color.
http://www.testors.com/category/137167/One_Coat_Lacquers

the cans are a little small I usually get maybe 3 pedals per can but thats not too bad. usually when I buy big cans of spraypaint I end up throwing them out becuase they don't spray right for the bottom 1/3 of the can.

stecykmi

• Electron Doctor
  • Misha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 01:13:32 AM »
do you let them air dry? i often put my spray painted enclosures in an old toaster over on low heat for about 20 mins. it really speeds up the drying process.

gtr2

• Electron Doctor
  • Josh
    • View Profile
    • 1776 effects
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 05:52:36 AM »
Very nice job, looks like you've got the 1st new klon everyone's talking about over at tgp :D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eniacmike

• Solder Ninja
  • Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 06:52:00 AM »
do you let them air dry? i often put my spray painted enclosures in an old toaster over on low heat for about 20 mins. it really speeds up the drying process.

i toast them for 30 min at 150. but the testors paint actually dries really fast on it's own, even if you don't have a toaster.

mjcyates

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 08:59:40 AM »
Looks great!

all in all this was a pretty easy build or at least nothing went wrong for me.

That has been my experience as well. I have built about 5 of these and every one fired up first time. It is a time consuming build but worth it in my opinion.