Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lil' Green Watter!

Started by nzCdog, November 03, 2012, 11:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffaroo

have any boards?
i think im going to do it    :o
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

jeffaroo

nzCdog

Maybe talk to Haberdasher about etching you one... or ask around, there's bound to be someone else who can do a board for you. :)
I may do a fabbed board at a later stage if there's enough interest

BRGPollen

I'd Be interested in a fabbed board!!!!

"B"
The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

jeffaroo

and the tube / tube socket has arrived ! ! !    ;D
BTW i got a decent ribbon cable from mouser

jeffaroo

Im in the middle of building the Watter, C2 & C4 call for 27n all that Mammoth had was .022uf
will this work, or should i get the right ones from mouser?

Oh btw, im gonna get the MOD 8" for this bad-doggie !    ;D

nzCdog

Woo!  You can use 22n or 33n, but it will sound slightly different... I tried lots of different values when designing it.  You could use 22n in parallel with 4n7 to get approximately 27n if you prefer... :)

gtangas

hi

It´s possible to add bass and treble?

on the video that you post and after the rangemaster you are using a OD klone.

What was it?

Thx

nzCdog

Well feel free to experiement!  There is a bright/fat switch in the design which alters the frequency response, as well as some suggestions for Cap subsitutes in the build doc ...
The pedals in the video were a HBE Germania, and Madbean Sunking :)

fendman

Hi , Have enjoyed following this build and the end product looks and sounds great.

I was wondering if it would be possible to power this project with a RoadRage???

I just realised the RoadRage would not be able to deliver 200ma  duh!!!  Anyway it will still stay on the wish list :)

nzCdog

Quote from: fendman on January 05, 2013, 03:47:17 PM
Hi , Have enjoyed following this build and the end product looks and sounds great.
Thanks! :)

QuoteI was wondering if it would be possible to power this project with a RoadRage???
No... the tube heater draws too much current for the roadrage.  For this project you need a regulated 12VDC power supply capable of at least 250mA depending on the tube you use.

rutabaga bob

Learned about this through a post on DIYstompboxes...will definitely check it out!  THANKS!  Larry
Legalize Shemp!

jeffaroo

Welcome to mad bean ! 
i think it was me that sent you here     ;D

Vallhagen

...finnishing my lil watter up here... causing a bump on this thread:)

Foolproof question (statement?): There isnt any black magic going on, right? So: I dont need to connect pin 9 from the tube socket to the board.

Another thought, even though i think we play safe: As we are dealing with pretty much more power (and current; 1W in 4Ohms means 0.5A) here, than in "the average stompbox", did you calculate the correct pcb trace width concerning this?

Well... ill be back pretty soon with the finnished build:)

Cheers

*** EDIT: Hmm, my intention was to write this post in the "member projects... Lil Watter thread", and i guess i was doublereading while posting... Well, here it is anyway :)
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

selfdestroyer

Quote from: midwayfair on November 04, 2012, 05:30:06 AM
Quote from: nzCdog on November 03, 2012, 11:23:26 PM
If anyone is interested I'll put together a project sheet with the schematic and pcb artwork at some stage.  :)

Um, heck yes? This is something I've been thinking of for a while (combining the tube pre with the 386).

You got two excellent sounds for such a simple amp in that video: The rangemaster (LM386 amps tend to sound dark) and the Les Paul + reverb with the amp dimed. I don't think it handled the Klon as well, though.

Agreed.. I would love to see this also.