News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

old krunkee grounded?

Started by todselagas, November 29, 2010, 12:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

todselagas

hello! sirs!:) i have a bit of an issue with my krunkee pedal, i got a layout from a friend of mine, who also got it from this site previously and sent it to me for my first project, so i built it, the thing is that the pedal works when stomped, the only problem is that a hum or buzzing sound goes with it, especially when i crank up any of the pots for the gain and volume..yet when i touch the switch or any metal part of it, the loud ground/hum/buzz sound goes away..the truth is that i'm still a newbie on this but my passion for learning is so great, anyways i just wanted to ask for your help. if you could share a bit of info on how to go about troubleshooting this issue i would really appreciate it. thanks you all!!

madbean

Well, generally high gain means high noise, but it does sound like a possible ground issue. Keep in mind the issue could also be with the guitar used.

Are you able to take a close-up pic of the inside? Maybe a ground wire broke free...

jkokura

I will echo Brian, it sounds like there's a ground issue. Did you build it yourself or did your friend build it for you?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals