News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Projects - Slow Loris and the Snack Shack

Started by madbean, April 21, 2010, 10:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

A couple of people have asked me for the Landgraff MoD on a single board (previously only available on the dual circuit Thumper), so here it is: the Slow Loris, named after possibly the coolest mammal on earth. Or is it a marsupial? Dunno..it's kinda of like a weird racoon thing. Oh, and the effect sounds good, too. Maybe not as fun as tickling a non-rabid racoon.

The Snack Shack is a D.A.M. Meathead, which is a very simple but very sweet sounding overdrive/fuzz kind of thing. I know a number of people have built clones of this so I thought I would try it out. So far, I like it. It is ripe for modding, too.

Both projects are available for purchase as PCB's and the PCB artwork is included with the docs, too.

madbean

Here's a pic of my yet un-boxed build of the Snack Shack.

db72

any plans to offer up some simple mods/values for all the different versions of the Meathead?
-db-

fine diei est quod est

madbean

Quote from: db72 on May 06, 2010, 03:53:04 PM
any plans to offer up some simple mods/values for all the different versions of the Meathead?

Sure. Actually, I'll need to do a little reading up on it first because I know that there are a number of variations. I'd be happy to take a look into it and add some mod stuff into the project docs.

db72

-db-

fine diei est quod est

madbean

The yellow ones I bought at a local electronics shop...don't know the brand. The others are NTE's which I bought at Fry's :)

db72

-db-

fine diei est quod est

db72

The Sprague Atoms I got are just a smidge too big to fit flush to the board. That's what I get for not measuring I guess. :P
-db-

fine diei est quod est

madbean

If you are going to put it in a 1590B, you should plenty of room to jury-rig it. Now, that WOULD be very boutique :)

db72

I went with a 125B knowing i would probably screw something up and need the extra room ::)
-db-

fine diei est quod est