News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Plans

Started by jeffaroo, November 09, 2012, 09:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffaroo

Im a newbie when it comes to this stuff so please forgive any tard-like questions.
I have built pedals before, but it was 15 years ago.

I recently placed a order for several pc boards. I noticed in the drawings for each board you show how to do the board, but not the pedal. I have no idea how to cut in the foot switch. do you have a drawing of
the foot switch some where? do i get a more detailed instruction layout when my order comes?
in very excited about the build, just a little conserned i might be over my head.

Where is madbean located? did i order from europe or america ?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Jeff   (solder tard)
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

jeffaroo

i found a footswitch hook-up drawing on the Mangler.
I assume this hookup will work fine for all single foot switch hook-ups?
What about adding a LED ?
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

GermanCdn

Welcome to the forum.

Brian's got the standard off board wiring diagrams here

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/downloads/StandardWiring_MBP.pdf

Enjoy.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

night-B

Hi! Welcome to the forum!
You can use the general wiring diagram on the link of previous post.
You will receive the boards from Madbean with no other docs than the PDFs available at the ordering page.
I encourage you to browse this forum, a lot of newbies have started as you do here and there are lots of interesting Q/A to find. You can look at the build reports pics to see how members are used to place components in the enclosure, there are lots of ways to do that! Trial/errors/lessons learned is what all of us has faced several times.
You can already find a massive amount of informations in the "how do I/beginner's paradise" "general discussions" "debugging" threads", but if you have some specific questions feel free to ask, everyone is really friendly here!

Cheers

Julien

TNblueshawk

Welcome dude. Brian is in America, down the road a bit from me actually.

There are 2 other forums I'd recommend perusing in terms of beginners tips. PM if interested.

+1 on the build reports. Check it out and see what folks do on their builds in terms of looks and function. If unclear ask them about something.
John

alanp

One of the great tips in life in general is to find someone who is GREAT at doing what you're interested in (be it pedal building, working on a slaughter chain, or fine oil painting), and watch them carefully.

Then, when you've picked up enough of their techniques, pinch 'em and have a go at incorporating them into your workflow.

In short, check out the huge body of existing work in the Build Reports forum :)

Everything that needs mounting (pots, DC power jacks, audio jacks, stomp switches), you can just use a bog standard set of drill bits on your enclosure (with consideration to fitting everything inside).
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website