News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Say hello to my little friends (apis/smoothie/afterlife/dweller)

Started by juansolo, November 19, 2012, 08:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Most of these have been sat in the box of done PCBs since they were released. I was going to do a large multi-effect thing and just never got around to it. Then Tayda came to the rescue with 1590A boxes (not easily available here) about the same time Jimmybjj did the Apis board. So we snagged a couple of those and a few boxes.

As they were not originally going to go into 1590A's, they're using 1/4W resistors (apart from the Apis which came later and was built with this in mind). As such at least a couple on them have the lids covered in electrical tape to prevent shorting. it's not ideal but I really couldn't be arsed to take all the resistors off and repopulate them.

Otherwise, addictive little buggers aren't they! I've done a tutorial of sorts for how I've done them. I'm not saying it's the right way, but it's certainly made my life a lot easier (I put these 4 together today pretty easily). All of them other than the Smoothie have board mounted pots.

Anyhow, here are the little tykes:

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jkokura

nicely done. I like the themed look of these, and I imagine they look good all lined up one after another.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

midwayfair

oh, man, the wiring in that Apis! fffffffffffine.

I really like what you did with the cave dweller art, too.

Good tutorial. I really like the jack layout you did.

There's only one U.S. source for those DC jacks (Jameco), but I just e-mail Steve at Smallbear, since it's the only piece of "ideal" mini build hardware he's missing. (He has the best 1/4" jacks and 9mm pots already.)

juansolo

Those DC jacks are brilliant. Unless we're fitting a battery, it's all we use now.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jimmybjj

Awesome builds!!! I like the appropriate centaur for the 1590a build :)
Pcbs no longer available

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

raulduke

DutchMF

These are all amazing! You should add 2 more and start selling it as a six-pack! I'm humbled by your wiring skills.....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

nzCdog

QuoteSay hello to my little friends
Hello little friends! ;)

Very tidy Juan... gotta agree that apis board/build is fully epic

icecycle66