News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BJF BlueBerry Bass Overdrive

Started by karter2000, December 02, 2010, 03:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karter2000

I'd like to figure out how the BlueBerry is built.  I've heard on freestompboxes that it's similar to a Honey Bee.  Just wondering if it could be made with a Yellow Shark board.

benevan

stevewire

I don't play bass, but I am interested in BJF type designs.

I don't think I have seen where this pedal has been degooped and traced.  So it might be hard to get definitive information on this.

madbean

I don't know too much about it. Actually, nothing!

However, I did come up with a rough design for a bass-specific overdrive. I was messing around with the old Contro Fuzz design the other day, and thought of a way to mod it more for bass. It sounds pretty terrible on guitar, but with the right mojo it can be turned into a blended distortion that's layered on top of the clean bass signal.

benevan

The 3BOD is a fairly unique effect.  Most bass od's are either TS9's modded for bass or some type of OD with a clean blend. 

It has a very dark tone and light amount of grit.

I have one and would like a clone as it is quite expensive/rare and would rather not gig with it as I have had some bad luck with theft.

To my knowledge, there is only one "clone" of this pedal out on the consumer market, the fuzzrocious dark driving.  Problem is, it is almost as rare as the 3BOD as he only builds on request and has stated that this item will be discontinued.  Even then, I haven't actually tried it and don't know how close to the original it is, as it only has one pot (some internal trimmers are there) and states that it is only based on the 3BOD and the Honey Bee, and not necessarily a direct clone.

Because Fuzzrocious states that his unit is based on the 3BOD AND the Honey Drive makes me think they are essentially the same circuit with a few values changed here or there.

aziltz

he could just be insinuating that he's using the same opamp though.