Sunking (+ Echobase) in one

Started by loves_guitar, December 04, 2010, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordo

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mrclean77

left-right, right-left, 1st-2nd - whatEVER, I love that!

Just getting in to this "sickness" and have been scouring the internets for pics/ideas and the simple/chaotic graphics mixture on that is up there w/some of the my favorite artwork I've seen on an enclosure

Cool stuff!

loves_guitar

Thanks everyone. I am quite proud of this pedal.

The signal goes input -> Sunking -> Echobase -> output.
Yeah, two buffered pedals in one. I don't notice anything (though admittedly, I don't quite get the whole 'buffered' vs. 'true-bypass' thing - like I understand how it works physically, but I really can't hear a difference, aside from my tone-sucking Hendrix wah that I true-bypassed - as a matter of fact, the footswitch for the Echobase actually came from my Hendrix wah!).

jkokura

I was just curious, because 95%+ of the DIY projects utilize true bypass switching. Even when you use the Millennium Bypass with a DPDT switch, it's still true bypass. You just happened to use two of the very few DIY projects with buffers built in to create this! So I was curious how that would be. I'd imagine it's fine, and you can't tell the difference, but it's just curious to me!

Thanks for filling in the details!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

NoizeD

that is killer..better than a lot of commercial pedal graphics

jackbart1960

L.G.
I laughed. Cute pic. I couldn't imagin what the little nose was 'till I looked closer.
Peace. J.J.B.

neiloler

Quote from: NoizeD on December 07, 2010, 02:06:40 AM
that is killer..better than a lot of commercial pedal graphics

Seriously, those graphics look amazing! You should be very pleased with your work! :D
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

jprizz

Looks very nice - the simplicity of black and white makes it look ultra classy.

loves_guitar

Quote from: jprizz on December 08, 2010, 09:14:19 PM
Looks very nice - the simplicity of black and white makes it look ultra classy.
Thanks. I agree. I'm really into this basic black on white look phase. Timeless I suppose. 

milkypostman

Where did you get the echobase pcb?

loves_guitar

Quote from: milkypostman on December 09, 2010, 07:09:11 AM
Where did you get the echobase pcb?
A guy on one of the forums (can't remember which, now) made a couple for himself. Apparently he always makes an extra in case he screws up one. His worked, so he had an extra one to sell.
Though I believe user 'Taylor' is or was selling fabbed PCBs over at DIYStompboxes. Not sure of the status of them right now. If you needed some documentation to get Madbean to make you a board, let me know (though I'm sure Madbean already has documentation on the Echobase).

madbean

You can get one from Taylor at www.musicpcb.com (there's a link to him on th eLinks page of the MBP website).

I just finished building his EchoBase PCB over the weekend and it is freaking great. By far one of the most satisfying builds I've done in a while.

milkypostman

Of course it is!  Look at all those nicely aligned resistors i can't imagine the fun soldering.  Very big build though.  Holy hell.  And the mods.  It'd be hard not to do them all.  GET OUT YOUR CHECKBOOK!

jkokura

I've built both the trem and the Echobase Taylor's done. Both of them are awesome, but the echobase is easier. I'm on my second echobase build and have a third completed PCB from another guy on the way. Awesome PT2399 delay.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals