News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

glitterratti

Started by eniacmike, December 13, 2010, 06:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

Here is my Glitterati. I couldn't follow madbean on the GGLLIITTEERRATTII spelling it just drove me nuts. especially because I kept searching for the pdf on my computer and I kept loosing it because I didn't realize he spelled Glitterati differently. lol.

Artwork is kind of obscured (on purpose) but it's britney spears famous crotch shot photo with the stomp switch over her crotch.

This is a sweet OD. the bass and treble knobs are EXTREMELY smooth. it feels like your pulling the draw bars on an organ. Pretty much a tubescreamer with a baxandall which I didn't realize until I was putting the build together and grabbing all the same parts that a tubescreamer uses (especially when I got to the 1uf box caps).

I recommend anybody building this pedal to go over to freestompboxes.org and read the threads on the BB preamp, the AC booster, and the RC booster. It would be really easy to build all three pedals in one with a 3 way clipping switch because they are basically the same pedal just with different clipping options.

I have always complained about the tone knobs on overdrives for feeling really blanket over the amp and I usually run pedals with the tone dimed unless they are just too noisy so this build is really good because you can get a really decent shape to the tone unlike most ts9 derivatives. 

gtr2

Thanks for the additional info on the build!  Nice work as usual.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jackbart1960

The graphic is genius Mike!!! Nice build too. Who's foot swtch boards are you using and how do they match up with the MB. wiring? Peace.

eniacmike

I use the 3pdt boards from small bear. They don't exactly match up with the wiring diagrams on madbeans documents but they do the same thing. They have two spots to connect grounds to so you can connect the input jack to one spot, and the board to the other, or what I do is connect the board to the input jack and use the 2nd spot to connect the output jack. It isn't neccesary but sometimes I end up pulling pedals from the enclosure and they will still work if you have the grounds connected via wires instead of via the enclosure.

jackbart1960

Cool. I'm looking at diiferent ways of doing this I'll have to grab a couple and see how they work with MB's stuff and my other builds. Peace. J.J.B.