News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lowrider Octave up problems

Started by trickpony, January 31, 2013, 10:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trickpony

So my lowrider is working very well with DOCT 1 and DOCT 2 and the clean signal is fine.
The Octave up signal is just the clean signal with higher gain (If I dial it up all the way)

The trimpot doesnt seem to do anything. I am reading between 0 and 27k on the trimpot when it is in circuit (from 1 to 2). Is this correct? (it is 0-99K when out of circuit)

Before I continue on can someone tell me what I should be hearing? If all pots are down I get nothing. If all pots are down except the UOCT should I be getting just the UOCT or should there be some original tone coming thru?

The doubling of the frequency is happening in ic6 correct? If so I will get voltages for that.

Thanks,
Ben

PimpMyTone

Did you tried with the neck pickup , tone knob rolled down , between 12th and 15th fret , particularly 3th and 4th string  ?

If you can`t hear any octave up that way then maybe something is wrong .
The octave up alone don`t sounds really good but when you mix it with the other octaves and the clean signal it gives a great organ'ish' sound .

Also you can try the suggested mods : the first one is described in the project doc. and the second is suggested by Brian : replace D1 and D2 with germanium diodes .
Simon

eldanko

Every LowRider I've built (3 I think?) has operated that way. I've actually found some neat uses for it...
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

trickpony

Thanks Pimp, I managed to dial it in up at the 15th fret.....had to move the trimpot way to the side and finally got it working....agree that it is very nice when combined with lower octaves. I socketed c10 and c12 and tried a bunch of things...Ended up with 1n5 and open....I like the fuzz

Thanks all,
Ben