News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking

Started by plesur, December 18, 2010, 11:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plesur

Here's some pictures of my Sunking build. Managed to get it in a 125B quite easily. Just don't call it a Klon, that's the name of the company!  :P

I'm a sucker for top jacks, more space on the pedal board.  :D

Many thanks to Brian for the great PCB.  ;D

gtr2

Awesome, I like top jacks too...  The gold paint seems to add more tone too!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

stecykmi

eniacmike

that looks awesome.. what is the name of that font? I love the way it looks.

raulduke

Very nice build mate!

Nice and clean and a bit different from normal I think!

I have ordered a sunking board as well... although the BOM is a major PITA  :D

I'm intrigued to see what all the fuss is about with this circuit.

How does it sound to you?

gtr2

O yeah, whats the led mounted in?
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

plesur

Thanks for the compliments  :)

The font is Deutsch Gothic http://www.dafont.com/deutsch-gothic.font?text=centaur and it's free.

The LED bezel is from Banzai http://www.banzaimusic.com/LED-Socket-5-IN-BK.html a bit expensive but a quality one.

You're right about the BOM being a PITA, I had to order from Mouser for the first time to get some of the funky resistor values. I made sure I ordered some other strange components at the same time, like those little trimpots for the Aquaboy. Still, it all adds to the authenticity.

As far as the sound goes, I've only played it through Guitar Rig and my stereo but as far as I can tell it's a pretty transparent overdrive, it doesn't seem to affect the guitar tone too much. I've got no idea how it compares to the sound of the 'real thing' and I probably never will. The closest I've come to one was at a Sonic Youth gig. ::)

princeton

Very nice build. Sehr schön und ordentlich. So muß es sein.  :)  I've not seen ICL7660SCPA at Banzai. Where did you get it?

plesur

princeton

ilikeguitars01

This is my next build. Just waiting on the PCB to get here!!

jkokura

Quote from: ilikeguitars01 on December 19, 2010, 02:13:05 AM

This guy makes me smile.
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jackbart1960

Quote from: ilikeguitars01 on December 19, 2010, 02:13:05 AM
Same here brother!!!!!!Thing that sucks though is that I've got most of the parts so just to wait for the couple of days is killing me ;D Peace. J.J.B.
Oh ya nice built for sure!!!

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

ilikeguitars01

Lol after sending several death threats and hate mail (j/k) my sunking finally showed up! Took me a about three hours to put it all together and it totally rocks!! I will start my own thread soon; having trouble getting it off my pedal board to take pictures. I can't stop playing it!!!