News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"Like some demon grabed my wang bar"

Started by pedalman, February 11, 2013, 10:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neiloler

Isn't this faked?

I swear I saw something how someone overdubbed a lame guitar track on top of this...

...or maybe that's just my faith in humanity speaking. No one could be this lauded and sound that bad...right?
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

pedalman

nope, he has dozens of videos that sound just as bad. check out the one where he trash talks Trevor Rabin of YES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuTLl1JbUdM

sad thing is he can play decent when he wants to. i love the part where he says you can copy his sound if you want to, all in the name of musical expression.
but if i copied him, id be expressing a constipated vulture trying to take a dump
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

DutchMF

Wouldn't it be funny if a rep from the company that made his guitar (couldn't read what it says on the headstock...) walked in mid-take and said: "sorry son, but I can't let you do that on our product, I'm gonna have to take that away from you!"

(didn't think of this myself, read it in Guitar World a couple of years back, but it's stuck in my head, I think about it every time I hear really, really bad stuff like this!)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

eldanko

I watched a couple of these years ago... man, they suck as much now as they did then.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

jimijam

Quote from: neiloler on February 13, 2013, 08:46:02 AM
Isn't this faked?

I swear I saw something how someone overdubbed a lame guitar track on top of this...

...or maybe that's just my faith in humanity speaking. No one could be this lauded and sound that bad...right?
2 words... Neil Young
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

Micpoc

Quote from: pedalman on February 13, 2013, 01:00:07 AM
found on yahoo:

His grandfather was the industrialist Henry J. Kaiser. Kaiser Snr is quoted as saying "I wish I never had a son, so my son never had Henry. He is an abomination"

LOL

Yeah, I saw that as well. Problem is, the guitarist was born in 1952, while Henry J. Kaiser died in 1967. It's possible that he said this about his 15-year old grandson, but it's more possible that this is an urban myth. It should probably be removed from the Wikipedia entry, as there is no verifiable source.

Truth is, he's been involved in some GREAT music; the first French-Frith-Kaiser-Thompson album, Live, Love, Larf, Loaf, is fantastic. But more often, he's a bit... umm... "indulgent" sounds like a polite way of saying it.

pedalman

oh im sure this guy was a pretty big assclown at 15
and at 12, 11, and 7

raulduke

Quote from: jimijam on February 13, 2013, 01:32:08 PM
Quote from: neiloler on February 13, 2013, 08:46:02 AM
Isn't this faked?

2 words... Neil Young

Dude.... I hope your kidding!?!

RobA

Quote from: raulduke on February 13, 2013, 03:39:15 PM

You've got a soft spot for "Where the Buffalo Roam?"

BTW, Young may have some of the most over the top noise of a distortion tone, but he plays the most incredibly poignant music with it. I can't really figure out how he does it, but some of his solos are the most moving out there.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

GermanCdn

Why the rhythm guitarist doesn't crush his skull is beyond me. I didn't think you could ruin Just Got Paid, but proved wrong once again.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jimijam

Quote from: RobA on February 13, 2013, 04:31:28 PM
Quote from: raulduke on February 13, 2013, 03:39:15 PM

You've got a soft spot for "Where the Buffalo Roam?"

BTW, Young may have some of the most over the top noise of a distortion tone, but he plays the most incredibly poignant music with it. I can't really figure out how he does it, but some of his solos are the most moving out there.
this dude gets it... neil sux so good
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

eldanko

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 13, 2013, 06:01:54 PM
Why the rhythm guitarist doesn't crush his skull is beyond me. I didn't think you could ruin Just Got Paid, but proved wrong once again.

Isn't the rhythm guitarist... Howard Dumble?
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

Bret608

The rhythm guitarist is Howard Dumble indeed.

It's weird, the Henry Kaiser guys apparently keeps good company. You can see him and Nels Cline goofing around on the History of the Stompbox video. But his playing sounds like the noise sections of Sonic Youth songs (and I love SY) with this awful layer of indulgence and pretense on top.

pedalman

Vallhagen

Well, this is pretty entertaining as well... :)

Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/