News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Grind Customs Chimera BFD for Bass Vader style with guts!

Started by jimilee, February 12, 2013, 04:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Here is a Chimera clone mod for bass,never did get the LED working,it sounds pretty gnarly.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Stomptown

Vader rocking the double neck? Awesome graphic man!  ;D

icecycle66

soldersqueeze

When I saw the thread title I was really hoping it was...

VADER TIME!!!!!!

Nice build all the same :)

juansolo

Quote from: Stomptown on February 12, 2013, 07:03:16 PM
Vader rocking the double neck? Awesome graphic man!  ;D

Not sure it's possible to out-awesome that image  8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pedalman

Awesome job Jimi !  If you wet sand the enclosure before the decal work you can get almost a polished look
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

jimilee

Quote from: pedalman on February 15, 2013, 11:53:29 PM
Awesome job Jimi !  If you wet sand the enclosure before the decal work you can get almost a polished look
Thanks man,if you look at it on your pedal board while you're playing,you can't see the difference  ;D I did think about sanding it and shining it up,but I'm really just too lazy to do that for a working pedal for myself. I may try that for the decimator I am building though. What grit should I use?

Stomptown

Quote from: jimilee on February 16, 2013, 05:54:30 AM
Quote from: pedalman on February 15, 2013, 11:53:29 PM
Thanks man,if you look at it on your pedal board while you're playing,you can't see the difference  ;D I did think about sanding it and shining it up,but I'm really just too lazy to do that for a working pedal for myself. I may try that for the decimator I am building though. What grit should I use?

I usually start dry sanding at about 100 and work my way up. I wet sand from 220 up to 600 BUT I am growing frustrated with the fact that all of my polished enclosures have oily fingerprints on them. I am starting to sand to about 150 instead and cross-hatch the enclosure for a cool look. If you want the polished look without the hassle you can buy a pre-polished one from small bear for about $10 and it is almost like looking into a mirror...

pedalman

you dont really need a spit shine, just take the factory veiny look out
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.