News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

OK, someone needs to take one for the team......

Started by GermanCdn, February 14, 2013, 03:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanCdn

And drop the big Tayda order they've been holding onto in hopes of the new discount code coming out, thereby triggering Murphy's Law and having the discount code appear an hour later.  I did it last month.  Geez, it seems like a long time since January 22 already.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

LaceSensor

its not like Tayda is expensive in the first place LOL

GermanCdn

Quote from: LaceSensor on February 14, 2013, 03:30:20 PM

Yeah, I know, but my next order's in the $400 range, and $60 is $60
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

midwayfair

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 14, 2013, 03:34:44 PM

:o

How does one spend $400 at TAYDA?  :-\

GermanCdn

It's a combo of my once annual restock order (resistors, caps, ICs, etc), and my ridiculously large build plan for the next thrre months.  10 125B enclosures, 10 BB enclosures, 10 B enclosures, 5 A enclosures, 10 4PDTs, a couple of thousand resistors, 100 knobs, it adds up suprisingly quick.  Did a quick inventory of # of boards I have on the build plan (56) and am way short on the essentials.

It's really funny how quick you actually go through stuff, last May I put in a $600 order, figuring it would hold me over on the basics for three or four years, and I've burned through almost all of it.  I should buy stock in 10k resistors.....

G.G.

it is uncanny how the discount codes always seem to come out and then expire before I have funds to order anything though. wish they could coordinate with my pay schedule a little better.  ;D

juansolo

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 14, 2013, 03:19:44 PM
And drop the big Tayda order they've been holding onto in hopes of the new discount code coming out, thereby triggering Murphy's Law and having the discount code appear an hour later.  I did it last month.  Geez, it seems like a long time since January 22 already.

Totally with you. We've no enclosures in now to speak of and desperately need to put in a massive order and there's NFW we're doing it without a code.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

juansolo

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 14, 2013, 03:34:44 PM

Ok you've got us on that one. Our massive order is probably in the region of around $100...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

BraindeadAudio

Im waiting to place an 1800$ order....saving a decent chunk of change with that coupon!

It has been chinese new year so that may explain it.

midwayfair

Quote from: BraindeadAudio on February 14, 2013, 08:34:53 PM
Im waiting to place an 1800$ order....

Um.

Did you buy ... the store? Like, all of the things?

pickdropper

Has anyone else notice that the prices have crept on a bunch of things?  It's still inexpensive, but it seems to be climbing a bit.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

BraindeadAudio

Quote from: midwayfair on February 14, 2013, 09:22:26 PM
Quote from: BraindeadAudio on February 14, 2013, 08:34:53 PM
Im waiting to place an 1800$ order....

Um.

Did you buy ... the store? Like, all of the things?

No, haha. Enough for a run of 250 pedals plus a few prototypes.
ton of resistors, WIMA caps, diodes, transistors(fets are going up!) etc.  I just dropped almost 10k between Mammoth/PPP/SB and this tayda order Im waiting on the coupon code...I guess I should let the cat out of the bag Ive been waiting to show everyone.  

I have been hard at work the last 8 months on this company, Was just out at NAMM splitting a booth with LACE pickups who we have been working with.

Got a bunch of new stuff in the works...
Modded Super FUZZ,  coming soon, Signature pedal for Ted of DARKTHRONE fame, and this boss HM2 revision I have spent almost 4 months perfecting. That pedal is not easy to replicate so I decided to revamp and revise the entire thing from the ground up...Its close.

www.enormousdoor.com

GermanCdn

Yeah, their 4PDTs went up $0.50 a piece, along with a bunch of their other restocks.  I get the feeling the "New Items" are either loss leaders or water testers, and if they sell out quick, the price goes up.  Either way, still the cheapest.

Guitar Master

Has anyone got shipments from them lately? Because I am pretty sure they are down for the chinese new year, which if you know anything about chinese companies, lasts 15 days  >:(

stevie1556

I've just looked at that site for the first time ever. I can't believe how cheap it is! Especially as it's in $ so I've got the exchange rate to £ in my favour!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!